Fibaro Motion Sensor Multichannel associations

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
hecashit

Fibaro Motion Sensor Multichannel associations

Post by hecashit »

Hello!

I have one Fibaro Motion Sensor (Sensor) and some switches. One of them is Fibaro Double Switch (Switch).

Tried several times to set up multichannel associations between Sensor and Switch. All what i want is to switch on the light where Sensor is triggered.
I red many mans and instructions and can't get it work. Motion is triggered, but Switch don't switch the light.
if i add whole Switch - when Sensor triggered light on only first channel. I need second.
When i tried to add in multichannel associations node with instance it don't work.

That's why i make very bad solution - write small JS file that send ON command to switch when Sensor is triggered. But i think it's not a good way.

Now i need 3 more Sensors and have some fear about Fibaro.
Is any chance to get it works through multichannel associations?
Maybe there are some tricks exist?

Thank you!
PoltoS

Re: Fibaro Motion Sensor Multichannel associations

Post by PoltoS »

No, it is not. MultiChannel Associations are broken in this device. And we don't know other to have MCA supported, so you are obliged to use a script. You can use BindDevice as an easy solution not to write JS code
hecashit

Re: Fibaro Motion Sensor Multichannel associations

Post by hecashit »

PoltoS wrote:No, it is not. MultiChannel Associations are broken in this device. And we don't know other to have MCA supported, so you are obliged to use a script. You can use BindDevice as an easy solution not to write JS code
Okey! Thank you! I'll try to contact with Fibaro but it seems to still remain unanswered.