Wallplug seems dead

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Hazard

Wallplug seems dead

Post by Hazard »

Hej all,

Two days beforehand I accidentially unplugged my Fibaro wallplug from the power for quite some time (~24h). As I realized my mistake I plugged the device in again. But unfortunately the device was not found by the controller.
I confirmed that the power was back.

In the end I had to reset the device (press the button for a long time) to include it again. That actually worked (but with another device id, so I had to modify all my rules/apps).
Has somebody experience if this is the default behavior? Is there any magic I could have done? When a power blackout occurs and persists for a long period of time should I be afraid that none of my devices will work anymore?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience
Dennis
pz1

Re: Wallplug seems dead

Post by pz1 »

I vaguely remember having experienced the same on a much older software release. I have had it disconnected for several weeks without problem.

Next time don't reset device, but first try to re-include it. That should give the device the same ID
Hazard

Post by Hazard »

How can I perform a re-include? I've tried (maybe the wrong way) by setting the controller into inclusion mode and pressed the button on the device three times as stated in the device description (accessable via Expert UI). Unfortunately it did not work.
Mike Yeager

Post by Mike Yeager »

If it happens again, plug it back in, wake the device (probably pressing the button several times but check the manual), and wait. ZWay may have marked it dead but checks once in a while to see if dead devices have come back to life... Being as it's a mains powered device, ZWay doesn't expect it to disappear....