Incomplete interviews

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Provo

Incomplete interviews

Post by Provo »

I've been having problems properly including Fibaro FGD-212 dimmers, and now recently also a door lock called ID Lock. The main problem is that the interview is never completed. If I run "Force interview" from the device configuration in Expert mode, it's far from complete when it finishes. Running "Force interview" on the individual command classes under "View Interview Result" completes a few more, but not all. It is completely consistent which ones fail, and I have tried reeincluding the devices with no luck. (This also generated a constant and overwhelming stream of error messages in the event log, but I ended up hiding them.)

Also, and perhaps because of this, every dimmer appears three times in the Simple UI. Meaning every resulting device from the dimmer (dimmer/switch, alarms, power meters etc) have three instances, where only two actually work.

Regarding the lock, it does not complete the interview, and does not automatically pick a device descriptor, and I can't find the right device descriptor manually. So i'm fairly stuck on this one.

Any help on any of these issues is greatly appreciated. :)
Provo

Re: Incomplete interviews

Post by Provo »

Pardon me for trying again, but I can't believe I'm the only one with problems getting interviews to complete.

As I said, on certain devices there are certain classes for which the interview refuses to complete. So far this has been the case for Fibaro FGD-212 dimmers and an ID Lock 101 door lock. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this a known bug in the home automation software? Is there something I can do to get the interview to complete properly?
fez

Re: Incomplete interviews

Post by fez »

This has been discussed in a different topic here viewtopic.php?f=3423&t=22236
You migth find more info there.