Problem connecting to Z-Cloud: Socket has gone

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
PoltoS

Problem connecting to Z-Cloud: Socket has gone

Post by PoltoS »

Some users have constantly experienced problem connecting to Z-Cloud: after successful connection Z-Connector reported "Socket has gone" error and disconnected. This problem is due to wrong COM port used in Settings dialog. On some Windows the first port in the list (taken as the default one) is a virtual COM port and not of your Z-Wave USB stick.If you have the same problem, locate the COM port of your stick (disconnecting and reconnecting it back to your PC and observing which ports disappears and appeared back) and set it as your device port
Ewout

same problem

Post by Ewout »

Even when i change it to COM1 and disconnecting all other usb devices i still get the error "socket has gone"

do you have other idea's how i should get it to work?
Is the z-wave version 4.52 workable?
Is the type of static controller software important? (static_noRep_noFlirs, or noSuc,noFlirs, etc etc)

The pc controller software of zensys can work with the usb device..
PoltoS

Z-Cloud supports all types of Zensys Serial API

Post by PoltoS »

All sticks based on Zensys SDK 5.02, 5.03, 4.51 and 4.52 are supported. And all types: static with any combination of FLiRS, SUC, manual routing and bridge.

Please, make sure you are using correct COM port and your firewall is not blocking connections to TCP port 9087.
Ewout

thanks

Post by Ewout »

Thank you for helping! :-)
The problem was that had the wrong port settings and it was blocked by the firewall.
The error message is not correct because it had nothing to do with the com port.

I didn't know that the port 9087 was for the usb stick and 10xxx for my personal.

Also I had to turn on the secure connection before it could work.

thank you for helping
ajflavin

Same problem

Post by ajflavin »

Socket has gone is occuring frequently. Only fix I have found is to disconnect and reconnect the USB Stick, then it's OK for a day before two before occuring again.

This is happening with the Windows and also the Linux client, so I think it is a server issue?