Z-Connector connexion problem

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
yano

Z-Connector connexion problem

Post by yano »

Hi,

It's impossible to connect with the z-connector.exe. I configured it on com3, where my Aeon z-stick is installed, but when I click on connect, I get the following error message: Failed to open device: Permission denied. Realy strange, because with homeseer or InControl, I have no problems.

Thanks for your help.

Yann
PoltoS

What OS version do you have?

Post by PoltoS »

Are you user or admin on the PC? On Windows try to right click on the z-connector.exe and click Run as another user... and run as Administrator.Note, that HomeSeer is installed as service and runs under Administrator privileges.
Anboni

Same problem

Post by Anboni »

I have the exact same problem. I am running Windows 7 on my pc. Cannot connect, also not as Administrator. I have downloaded trial Homeseer wich connects fine with my Aeon usb z-stick.

I have tried on another windows 7 pc in my house, this one connected fine. Any ideas as the problem pc should be my main 24/7 computer, not the laptop?
PoltoS

Unfortunately (or hopefully) we are not Windows guys

Post by PoltoS »

Unfortunately we can not assist you in Windows problems. We all work on Linux and Mac.May be yano can share his experiance with this error?The only clue we have, is the port number: if the port number is above COM9, then use \.COMxx instead of COMxx. If this is the problem, then preport it back to us, please - this is certainly our problem in Z-Connector (but we remember to fix it a long time ago).
ParkerTownsend

Failed To Open Device - Permission denied - ZCU201 Windows XP

Post by ParkerTownsend »

Hi, If you have any ideas i would appreciate it as I am trying to run my ZCU201 on a Windows XP and i get the same issue "Failed To Open Device - Permission denied"

It is on COM 3 and I have seem to have full admin privlidges ?

(I desperately want to try your product, i bough a ZCU201, but am having driver issues on win 7 and now permission problems when I try it under xP :-(
schwarzenbergf

Permission denied

Post by schwarzenbergf »

I had the same issue on WHS2011 (2008R2) after changing the USB port for the stick.
A new COM port had been assigned and I got always this 'permission denied'.
I uninstalled the USB-COM driver (in my case Prolific ... something), rebooted and installed again.
This helped. Now it is working again, also with the former COM port.
Hope this helps.

Frank
ParkerTownsend

Change COM allows it to Handshake-> Loop then -"Socket has Gone"

Post by ParkerTownsend »

Hi I tried to uninstall, reboot and re-install the Sunplus USB/Serial Driver but sill no joy,

What did seem to work to take me a bit futher is changing the comm choice in the Z-Connector settings from COM3 to COM1- Checking in the Device Manager my Sunplus USB to Serial is COM 3, but if I use that I still get permission denied.. Using COM 1 on Z-Connector allows to me connect handshake and then go to Loop.. But this only last for a short while before a "Socket has gone" message pops up>

Any ideas?
PoltoS

Socket has gone error is caused by wrong port

Post by PoltoS »

COM1 is not the correct port for you. Use COM3 as suggested by Device Manager.

As for 'permission denied' problem, try to unplug the stick, close Z-Connector (not the windows, but the whole porgram using context menu in the tray), plug the stick back, run Z-Connector, choose the port and try to connect again.

This problem certainly happens because some other program has opened the port (or may be Z-Connector itself).

Hope this will help.
eligv

error z-conector "unknown format or damaged".

Post by eligv »

Hello,
Worked in the z-connector w7 and started giving connection error. Delete it and reinstall it gives me the error "unknown format or damaged".
No solution,
Thanks and excuse the translation
PoltoS

Try to download it again

Post by PoltoS »

May be your filesystem has been corrupted and Z-Connector files are not valid now. Try to download it again and install.