Installing on DD-wrt

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
morten.ls

Installing on DD-wrt

Post by morten.ls »

I have been trying to install my z-wave.me z-stick on my asus n16 running dd-wrt.

I have installed all the ipk files from http://en.z-wave.me/content/compiling-z ... eir-clones

The guid says then that i further should copy the certificate and make the start up script. But i can't see that the usb gets mounted. I have also tried loading the modules, but nothing seem to work, i only get the following messages.

usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 8
usb 2-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

Any help would be appreciated.

PoltoS

You need to load pl2303 driver

Post by PoltoS »

You need to load the following driver: pl2303.o (Prolific 2303 Single Port Serial Driver)Should be located in package kmod-usb-serial-pl2303 -- Kernel Support for Prolific PL2303 USB-to-Serial converters available using ipkg
morten.ls

I have installed it, but i

Post by morten.ls »

I have installed it, but i got a warning...

root@DD-WRT:~# ipkg install /jffs/kmod-usb-serial-pl2303_2.4.30-brcm-5_mipsel.ip
k
ipkg_depends: Warning: kernel mentioned in dependency but no package found in /jffs/usr/lib/ipkg/lists
Unpacking kmod-usb-serial-pl2303...Done.
Configuring kmod-usb-serial-pl2303...Done.

Now when i plug in the usb stick it causes the router to reboot, is this normal?
PoltoS

Be sure to install correct driver version

Post by PoltoS »

The warning is about absense of kernel package in the list of packages. This can probably be ignored.The stick should not cause router to reboot. This is probably caused by some problems in your DD-WRT build or incompatibilities of kernel version with module version of PL2303 you installed.Be sure to run ipkg update before installing the driver.