Edit or re-assign Node ID's?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
pvdspek

Edit or re-assign Node ID's?

Post by pvdspek »

Hi all,

I had some trouble with some of my Z-Wave.me (Duwi) Wall Controllers, resulting in a reset and re-include of the device and thus a new Node ID.
Unfortunately the old Node ID is still listed and every time I try to re-include the controller, the Node ID gets higher :-(
Is there a way I can re-use the old Node ID? Maybe it's possible to remove the old Node and edit/re-assign the Node ID of the re-included device into the old ID#?

Thanks!
Pepijn.

PoltoS

You can use ReplaceFailedNode function

Post by PoltoS »

You can use ReplaceFailedNode function but there is no button in UI for this function, since we believe it does not work correctly in all stick available on the market.

You can remove old failed device from Network Management tab (Remove Failed Node). You might need to Check connectivity before (on Devices Status tab).

If your devices get's incremented NodeId each time you re-include it (without preleminary exclusion), the device is certainy broken. It can not write to it's internal memory. Send it back for replacement, please.

If you do exclusion inbetween, it's normal that bigger NodeId is assigned.
PoltoS

Ah, another idea!

Post by PoltoS »

I've not noticed that you are talking about battery Wall Controller. If it is not included correctly, it's battaries are low level. Change the batteries and everything would be ok. It might happen that the box with the device was in a wet place for a long time and batteries are drained. Please try to replace them first.
pz1

May I ask this question again

Post by pz1 »

May I ask this question again in the context of RaZberry?
Is there a way I can re-use the old Node ID? Maybe it's possible to remove the old Node and edit/re-assign the Node ID of the re-included device into the old ID#?

Sometimes I encounter a failed node that must be re-included. Is there a possibility to assign a different ID number to it afterwards?
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

If you re-include the device

Post by PoltoS »

If you re-include the device (means do not exclude it, so it will still remember it's NodeID), during the inclusion it will keep the old NodeID. But if it was excluded (or the memory was erased by reset function) it will use next NodeId.