Command not found

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
puesb

Command not found

Post by puesb »

I'm trying to use the Z in a piece of c# (dotnet) code, but what ever I do I always receive the same message "404 Command not found: /htdocs//ZWaveAPI/Run/devices[2].instances[0].commandClasses[0x43].Set(1,13)".

An example of the request send out is "https://z-cloud.zwave.me:13559/ZWaveAPI ... .Set(1,13)" of course I do this after I logged in with my cloud credentials.
Can someone help my, it must be something silly?

Thank you very much

Bart
puesb

Indeed silly

Post by puesb »

After some trouble shooting it turned out to be something very silly. The request type was overwritten with GET after I had put it to POST earlier on.
puesb

Reading data using HTTP request

Post by puesb »

The Set command is working Prefect, now I want to read the value of the set-point.
I first do a GET request (post) to update the data object. next I do a (post) request to receive the data (or at least the latest value probably not yet changed on battery powered device) but I don't find the value in the webresponse, or do not know where to look in the response.
example of request "https://z-cloud.zwave.me:13559/ZWaveAPI ... data.value".
Does someone know what I do wrong? Thanks a lot.
Bart
PoltoS

This new syntax works only

Post by PoltoS »

This new syntax works only for new RaZberry Z-Way version. The one used in Z-Cloud does not support it. You need to poll /ZWaveAPI/Data/ to get updates.
puesb

Polling data works

Post by puesb »

Thank you for your help, indeed polling the data works but then I have to manually analyze this response. Lots of work and probably not well optimized. So i will follow your tip wisely and buy myself a Razberry, knowing that a lot is taken care of for me.