Adding DUWI-05431 to the network

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
quassnoi

Adding DUWI-05431 to the network

Post by quassnoi »

I'm trying to control my DUWI-05431 using a Z-Wave.me stick.

I've set up the drivers and tried to use three different programs (Z-Cloud, HomeSeer Z-Tool and InControl HA Server) to join the receiver to the stick's network, all to no avail.

I was trying to do "Add device" which adviced to "push button on the receiver". The manual http://www.uk-automation.co.uk/pdf/Duwiswitch.pdf says I should need to press either UP or DOWN button thrice when the controller is in discovery mode. However, the device does not seem to respond to that. It just goes on flashing green/red which according to the manual means "not programmed".

What am I doing wrong?
SpamNeinDanke

Three Times Button press

Post by SpamNeinDanke »

I have Some similar switches. Inclusion Works Fine by quickly Pressling The Button on The Switch three Times within One Second.
quassnoi

What controller are you using

Post by quassnoi »

What controller are you using to connect? Are you using an USB stick or a DUWI remote?
PoltoS

Duwi products requires a very

Post by PoltoS »

Duwi products requires a very fast triple click to be included/excluded.
quassnoi

I may consider myself an

Post by quassnoi »

I may consider myself an expert in triple-clicking now but this still does not work. To make things more tricky, I tried to add another device, a ZIR010 presence sensor, also to no avail.

Here's what I was doing:

1. Plugged in the ZWave.me stick.
2. Installed Prolific USB-to-serial driver to make it work (my bundle did not included drivers). It appeared on the system as COM25
3. Downloaded Z-Connector, registered on the cloud and entered credentials
4. Open Network / Manage Network, clicked on Add Device
5. Now I was trying to triple-click the buttons on my Duewi and clicked the brown button on the ZIR010. Neither of those seems to have an effect on the controller.

It is something I don't understand / am doing wrong? How can I troubleshoot my device?
quassnoi

Upon some investigation it

Post by quassnoi »

Upon some investigation it seems that I got the Z-Stick in wrong frequency.

Can I change frequency on the Z-Stick somehow?
PoltoS

Exactly! I was looking into

Post by PoltoS »

Exactly! I was looking into your profile to find Moscow ;) You seems to have RU frequency stick from our russian shop. Open JavaScript console in Chrome (Ctrl+Shift+J) or in Firefox and executerunCmd('ZMEFreqChange(0)')to change to EU. Use 1 instead of 0 to switch to RU.This page should give more details: http://rus.z-wave.me/z-wave-knowledge-base/razberry