Noob guide?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
bigsetti

Noob guide?

Post by bigsetti »

I have been trying my best to figure out how to create scenes and a security system with z-way (razberry) and I have reached an impasse. I simply do not have the know-how to program or to understand how to interface with it. The closest I have come is through the Expert UI I managed to get a motion detector to turn on a light and now I can't even figure out how to change it back.

Is there a detailed guide on how to start programming with z-way? I have read the developers guide and it is a bit over my head.

I tried homegenie and I like the interface however I could not get it to work with the razberry at all.

Any direction would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
PoltoS

Re: Noob guide?

Post by PoltoS »

In Expert UI you can only set up direct associations. New UI (in development) have automation rules.

You can also use Z-Way API to make your own home automation scripts.
Mike Yeager

Post by Mike Yeager »

Unfortunately, many people that are getting into this are likely home hobbyists that are trying to learn as they go. That is the case with myself and as I stated in another thread, until I understand a bit of how this all works, the dev guide is a bit over my head as well. I'm getting there and I seriously hope this user is still around. The Razberry has a lot of potential for the hobbyists in the home control market and is the only reason I'm involved with z-wave devices at all. I currently use a Wemo light switch for the lights I wish to control (and may stay with them) but I would rather use z-wave wall outlets and other devices that are only available on z-wave.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

RaZberry evolves very fast and unfortunatelly we have no time to make noob manuals. We will do it once we stabilize our new home automation engine
Mike Yeager

Post by Mike Yeager »

I can understand that it takes time to write manuals and that they may very well be obsolete before they were ever finished. I'm doing my best to learn what I can and read the forums looking for hints. I appreciate whatever assistance I get on the forums and when it's all said and done, hope to know enough not to need a noob manual. :-)