disable motion sensor at day time

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
vvuu

Re: disable motion sensor at day time

Post by vvuu »

ok, almost done.. but another thing

I have a dimmer that can permanently switch off power to the load.
I could send:
/ZAutomation/api/v1/devices/ZWayVDev_zway_x-y-zz/command/on & off
not only decrease dimmer value - for example from 99 to 10.

but in scene or logicalRule I can only set dimmer value - and it's not the same.

Could I change something to have possibility to send on/off commands like it is possible at Switches from LogicalRule ?
Mike Yeager

Post by Mike Yeager »

I am using a multisensor to do the same exact thing. If the LUX sensor is above a certain value, it goes no further. After that, it tests for the motion sensor and checks to see if the switch for the light is off. If so, it turns it on. Another rule detects when the motion sensor goes inactive (or the LUX value is higher than the threshhold) and if the light is on, turns it off. It's a semi complex, nested logical rule that took a bit of trial and error to figure out how to code properly but it's very effective. Right now I'm in the process of adding a dummy device so I can turn the automatic feature on and off but I'm having a bit of trouble accessing the dummy device programatically....
vvuu

Post by vvuu »

yes and I have problem with this last rule - when motion detector goes innactive - the logicalRule could only make action like "dimmer set to 1" - not off or to 0 ;(
and dimmer show still that is On ...
pz1

Post by pz1 »

vvuu wrote:the logicalRule could only make action like "dimmer set to 1" - not off or to 0 ;(
Which ZWay version do you use?
vvuu

Post by vvuu »

Version number: v2.0.1
pz1

Post by pz1 »

vvuu wrote:Version number: v2.0.1
Since that version IIRC there have been changes in the logical rule wrt dimmer setting. Don't know at the moment which version to advise. There is a new v2.1.1 released a little while ago, but in the installer it is not yet recognised as the official latest release. Unfortunately they did remove all the the v2.0.2 release candidates that had this fix. I suggest to wait a little while til tomorrow.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

v2.1.1 runs fine on my (limited) test machine
vvuu

Post by vvuu »

it's official or beta?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

vvuu wrote:it's official or beta?
It is official according to generaly accepted rules for version naming/numbering. That being said they continue working on bugs (most notably the broken IFTHEN app)
vvuu

Post by vvuu »

I've updated razberry to 2.1.1.
and it works :)

At Scene I can't set dimmer 0 but in LogicalRule - it works now perfectly
you can set the action of dimmer to 0 and it fade out and switch off then ;)

for light fade in and switch on - I made Http device and use web API to switch the light on - and then the light fade in - unlike when you set the dimmer at scene where the light just switch On - not fade in slowly...

thank you PZ for many good ideas ;)