permanently hidden devices in smarthome UI

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
nic_rt

permanently hidden devices in smarthome UI

Post by nic_rt »

Hi,
Probably a stupid question but I didn't find how to show again the element I previously made "permanently hidden" in the smarthomeUI ! :oops:

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Nick

Raspberry + Razberry + FGS221 x 4 + FGRM 222 + Aeon Labs Micro Motor Controller + FGK 101 + Z-Wave Aeotec Smart Plug-in Switch GEN5 + Minimote + Aeotec KeyFob + Greenwave Smart Power Node x 2
michap

Re: permanently hidden devices in smarthome UI

Post by michap »

Hi,

"Z-Wave network" -> "Z-Wave devices"

click on "Configuration" of the device where you miss the hidden element

Here you will find the "Hide" and "Unhide" buttons ;)

Hope it helps ;)

Michael
nic_rt

Post by nic_rt »

Many thanks, That's clear but unfortunatly my question was not ! :oops:
In fact I'm trying to recover switches created by "trap events from remotes and sensors" ...

My remote (minimote) doesn't appear in z-way network/z-way devices (it appears only in the expert UI but not in smarthome).

I'm able to check the status like this :

http://rapberry_ip:8083/JS/Run/controller.devices.get("ZWayVDev_zway_Remote_22-0-0").get("permanently_hidden")

The answer is : true

But I didn't find how to change the value to : false ...
Nick

Raspberry + Razberry + FGS221 x 4 + FGRM 222 + Aeon Labs Micro Motor Controller + FGK 101 + Z-Wave Aeotec Smart Plug-in Switch GEN5 + Minimote + Aeotec KeyFob + Greenwave Smart Power Node x 2
nic_rt

Post by nic_rt »

Done, but probably in the most dirty way :

1 - Stopping the server
2 - Modifying the /z-way-server/htdocs/smarthome/app/js/build.js by replacing line :

if (v.permanently_hidden || v.deviceType == 'battery') {

by

if (v.deviceType == 'battery') {

3 - restarting the server
4 - In smarthome, my hidden switches are now visible. Editing and saving them without changing anything allows to make the permanently_hidden field saved as 'false'.

5 - Doing steps 1 to 3 but setting the line in build.js to its original version (step 2).

I will be happy to know if there is another possibility. The trap is that when a switch created by "trap event from remotes..." is set as permanently hidden, it is then impossible to configure new actions with it as it is invisible everywhere.
Nick

nic_rt

Post by nic_rt »

Probably a bad idea. Restarting the server, all devices are visible and now impossible to hide again (all devices) ....
Nick

PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

You were almost there:

http://rapberry_ip:8083/JS/Run/controller.devices.get("ZWayVDev_zway_Remote_22-0-0").set("permanently_hidden", false)

Or stop the server and edit automation/sotrage/configjson-xxxx.json (find this device and permanently_hidden attribute)
vvuu

Post by vvuu »

http://rapberry_ip:8083/JS/Run/controller.devices.get("ZWayVDev_zway_Remote_22-0-0").set("permanently_hidden", false)

didn't work - tell me:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'set' of null