Problems with v2.1.2-rc17

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
PASC

Problems with v2.1.2-rc17

Post by PASC »

Hi,

since the upgrade to this version, the iOS ZWay Home Control App crashes on every start. There is also no possibility to include new devices without Expert UI.

What is the roadmap to for a stable v2.1.2?

Thanks in advance
bshure

Re: Problems with v2.1.2-rc17

Post by bshure »

Hello PASC:

Since nobody else replied, I'll take a shot at your questions!

I'm running RC17 on two PI's without a crash or a problem. I'm not an expert, but it sounds like a fresh install is in your future. I try to do a full system backup before making changes. I recall an old forum post from Polto advising another frustrated user on how exactly to delete everything.

I believe that the plan is for the Expert UI to be used for including devices.

One recommendation that has worked for me is to exclude and include again when having problems completing interviews.

Cheers,

Bert
leonmf

Post by leonmf »

Home Control worked fine last night when I first upgraded to rc17 but now it crashes on launch for me too.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Thanks for your reports, we will check it. So far we can't reproduce the problem, but crash reports will probably help us.
Emilp

Post by Emilp »

It crashes for me too. Ipad version works fine but the iphone version seems to crash on login. If you provide wrong credentials it gives you a correct error message but as soon as the login works it crashes before loading any devices on screen.
leonmf

Post by leonmf »

I'm getting crashes with a completely clean reinstall.

v2.1.2-rc17-44-gd59bf28
leonmf

Post by leonmf »

This is where I get confused. How many iOS apps do you need to write?

I've got

* Z-Way Tablet on my iPad which works with anonymous authentication but was never updated for authentication.
* ZWay Control which is for iPhone and iPad and appears to be a wrapper around the web interface. This still works.
* Home Control an iOS app which crashes with the current release candidate
* Z-Way which was last updated in 2012
* ZWay (which was replaced by Home Control, i think)
* More I missed?

I'm not sure how a customer is supposed to figure out which version they're supposed to use!

For now, I'm presuming that Home Control and ZWay Control are the current versions. With one being a simple interface and the other wrapping up the web interface for management and control functions. For now, at least the latter works.
Emilp

Post by Emilp »

Is there a fix for this yet? It´s driving me crazy not to be able to use the iPhone app...
leonmf

Post by leonmf »

Emilp wrote:Is there a fix for this yet? It´s driving me crazy not to be able to use the iPhone app...
The ZWay Control app does work. It's not as nice as the Home Control app but it will, at least, give you functionality until they fix this issue.
leonmf

Post by leonmf »

Still getting a silent crash on launch with v2.2.0