Device not in namespace

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
CopyCat73

Device not in namespace

Post by CopyCat73 »

I hooked up a doorbell to a fibaro binary sensor. The interview does not complete, but it is working nonetheless. I want to use this device in my telegram bot, so I want it to be selectable in the sensorBinary namespace, but it is not. When I look at the device data it says: "deviceType":"sensorBinary". However when I look at the namespaces collection in the api this device is only present under the devices_all namespace, not under devices_sensorBinary. Is this because the interview does not complete? If so, is there a way to finish the interview on these universal sensors?
pz1

Re: Device not in namespace

Post by pz1 »

Which part does not complete for you? The Alarms as here for my device (click or scroll)?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (16.27 KiB) Viewed 7609 times
CopyCat73

Post by CopyCat73 »

Yup both alarms failed, can't get them forced either..
pz1

Post by pz1 »

I have reported that in this post viewtopic.php?f=3422&t=20513&p=54473&hi ... sor#p54473
Do you happen to have the same device (see Under ExpertUI in configuration Expert Commands ManufacturerSpecific.
productId :4098, productType 1281 ?

I am asking this because Fibaro helpdesk denies the existance of this version.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (9.55 KiB) Viewed 7596 times
CopyCat73

Post by CopyCat73 »

It's not a specific Fibaro device version, all my fibaro devices (door and motion sensors) are only in the devices_all namespace. When I build a module where people can select a binary sensor, these devices do not show up. I tested some other user modules, none of them have my fibaro sensors in their options because of this issue.

I tried to make a dropdown with the devices_all namespace as option list, but this gives some nasty side effects since the device id's don't seem match up. As a workaround I just offer an array of strings where users can enter literal device id's, this seems to be the only way to select fibaro sensors.. If anyone has a better workaround I'm very interested. I'd also like to know if this situation is going to be fixed since fibaro sensors are very commonly used..
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

There was some mess with namespaces in 2.2.0. We will fix it soon
CopyCat73

Post by CopyCat73 »

Good to hear, thanks!