Problem making associations with ZME_RC2

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
timb

Problem making associations with ZME_RC2

Post by timb »

My remote control Zwave.Me RC2 has been working fine for the last 12 months.
However I cannot reconfigure any of the buttons.
I am trying to do it through the Expert UI, I can make the selection - but it doesn't seem to get remembered in the UI and it doesn't transfer to the device.
I have done all the usual things, replaced the batteries, re-interviewed the device.
I make sure I wake up the device just before to do anything in the Expert UI.
I have had the same problem since v2.2.2, now running 2.3

For example I have tried to delete two existing associations, but they remain Orange in the UI - which means "Selected in UI but not active in Device" - well how do I make them active in the device??

And whilst I am here, what dies grey signify? It says "Active in the device but not selected in the UI" - but it is being displayed in the UI? I cant make sense of it.

Is it device is not working properly?
Expert UI is not working properly?

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
Z-Wave Support

Re: Problem making associations with ZME_RC2

Post by Z-Wave Support »

Hello,

if you be in the Association windows. You must Wake Up the device after all changes.

Z-Wave Support
timb

Post by timb »

I have done that many, many times. I press the Incl. button three times and the led flashes green.
So it definitely wakes up. It just doesn't get the config and the colours in the Association window grey, orange, blue never change.
klaasjoerg

Post by klaasjoerg »

I do have the same problems since 2.3.0.
It seems setting new basic associations simply doesn't work and don't get transfered.
I tried this with Coolcam Doorsensor (Battery) and also did a wake up a couple of times.
So next I tried it with mains powered device (Fibaro FGS) and also there no chance to set/define any basic associations.
Problem with 2.3.0?
klaasjoerg

Post by klaasjoerg »

Quickly did another little test:
Setting associations doesnt work with Expert 1.2.0 so I downloaded and tried it with the previous version 1.1.0 where it works fine.
https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/ExpertUI/issues/240