Time based trigger in logical rule

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Froschkoenig

Time based trigger in logical rule

Post by Froschkoenig »

Hi!

I would like to trigger some actions at a certain time but only if other condition are true (e.g. virtual switch VACATION is ON). I wanted to use LOGICAL RULE but unfortunately I had to learn that time can only be used as a condition but not as a trigger.

Is there a chance that this will be changed in the near future? That would be a great benefit for this app from my point of view.

Is there a smart alternative? I read that some people use SCHEDULED SCENE to trigger a virtual switch which is then again used as a trigger in LOGICAL RULE. But that sounds like a bit too much.

CONDITION SWITCH looked very promising, but it is for a period FROM..TO and not for a one time event.

Thanks!
10neWulf

Re: Time based trigger in logical rule

Post by 10neWulf »

is there any reason why you can't have the condition switch run for just 1 minute?
Froschkoenig

Post by Froschkoenig »

As far as I understood, condition switch works in both directions. If I use it to change a switch at a certain time, it would switch back after one minute.
10neWulf

Post by 10neWulf »

I had a thought. You could actually use condition switch after all, but in conjunction with Event Watcher.

On the condition switch, set the switch to "Event" and generate event "on" (for example) for 1 minute at the set time.

Then on the event watcher, watch for the event "on" to perform the task. (the condition switch will not be able to turn the device off after 1 minute, as it is not aware of the device)

then do this again for the "Off" condition.

The only caveat for this, would be if the monitored state changes within the minute which the condition switch runs - as it will update the output real time within that minute.

Its a bit of a dirty solution...