Nodon Wall Switch Dim up/down Problem

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Spirit78

Nodon Wall Switch Dim up/down Problem

Post by Spirit78 »

I wonder if there is anyone who has an idea how to use a Nodon Wall Switch to dimmer up and down?

I can not get it to work, and feel a bit stupid ;)

What I want do do is:
1. Dimmer up/down a light Bulb as long as I hold on to the botton, when release, it should stop
And it would be a great feature to be able to set how fast i dimmers up/down in seconds
2. One push=switch off
3. Another push=go to same satus ( e g dimmed to 60& ) as it had before it was switched off

I thought this was working like out of the box, as I know all ordinary pushbuttom-dimmers works like this? It feels like you have to reeinvent the fire and the wheel again :roll:

I have tried to use dimmable scene and logical roles and such, but can only get it to log every push as an ON (or 20). If I push twice it logs another event from the bottom as ON (23), and if I hold on to it, it logs ON (22)
But in logical rules I can use parameters as Down Start or UP Start etc, but they dont work.
Im I missing something?

Thanks

Andreas
Last edited by Spirit78 on 19 Feb 2017 18:42, edited 1 time in total.
Z-Wave Support

Re: Nodon Wall Switch Dim up/down

Post by Z-Wave Support »

Hello,

you can dimming with Association Groups.

http://manuals-backend.z-wave.info/make ... ODECWS3101

regards
ZWave Support
Spirit78

Post by Spirit78 »

Thanks
I´ll try that :)
Spirit78

Post by Spirit78 »

I have read the whole page with the explanation you linked to, but I cant get it to work :|
It really explains exactly what I want to do, but I dont think I understand how to use Association groups?
Is it IF>Then app I should use? Or is it Association?

I have tried to set the bottom profiles to MONO but then nothing happens in log, it shows nothing when I press a buttom, holt it or dubbelpress it, same with DUO. I have it set to Central Scene ( Dont know what Scene Activation means or what it does?)

So the only thing working is bottom profile SCENE and I can get two bottoms to turn ON and OFF with a IF>Then and use 10 for ON and 20 for OFF
In the Expert UI it semms impossible to do anything in the association tab. Changes dont take affect even if I wake up the device.
It just says maximum number of associated nodes is reached or something

Tried to exclude and include again but didnt do any difference.

Can anyone please give me an example of how to do this? :)

Best Regards
Andreas