Device description for Aeotec WallMote Quad (and others)

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
brusan

Device description for Aeotec WallMote Quad (and others)

Post by brusan »

Hi,

Where can I find an up to date device list for my RaZberry? Right now, it is about the Aeotec WallMote Quad (Model ZW130-C) but also other modern devices have the same problem. The current list is furthermore not sorted, so finding the correct device description is in general very difficult.

Br /Brusan
stellavision

Re: Device description for Aeotec WallMote Quad (and others)

Post by stellavision »

The device database is taken from the pepper1.net but this is apparently not maintained anymore according to the notification on the site. Unless someone​ provides a manual ZDDX or has authority to update the database then it will not be configurable via the normal way. I used the expert UI and advanced configuration but still couldn't get it to work so gave up. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.
paulc

Post by paulc »

I also could not get Z-Way to recognise a wallmote using the expert UI. Sent it back to Vesternet.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We tested it - works ok. May be different s/w versions.
hribaro1

Post by hribaro1 »

Works as a scene controller, but how do you make it work through association to switch or dimmer??
Z-Wave Support

Post by Z-Wave Support »

Hello,

Set the dimmer in the Association Groups settings. And wakeup the switch.

Manual: http://manuals-backend.z-wave.info/make ... =AEOEZW130

best regards
Z-Wave Support
hribaro1

Post by hribaro1 »

When included it gives a bunch of instances where association can be done for instance 0, 1, 2, 3, 4

Command Class
Basic • AssociationGroupInformation • DeviceResetLocally • CentralScene • ZWavePlusInfo • MultiChannel • Configuration • Alarm • ManufacturerSpecific • PowerLevel • FirmwareUpdate • Battery • Wakeup • Association • Version • MultiChannelAssociation • AssociationGroupInformation • CentralScene • ZWavePlusInfo • Association • MultiChannelAssociation • AssociationGroupInformation • CentralScene • ZWavePlusInfo • Association • MultiChannelAssociation • AssociationGroupInformation • CentralScene • ZWavePlusInfo • Association • MultiChannelAssociation • AssociationGroupInformation • CentralScene • ZWavePlusInfo • Association • MultiChannelAssociation •

my dimmer is ID device 39 and instance 1

I added ID 39 to Asscoiation and then ID39, instance 1 to MultiChannelAssociation for Instance one above, which I assume is for first button.

Association does not work, dimmer does not respond?.

What am I doing wrong?
hribaro1

Post by hribaro1 »

Manage to associate it with the switches. Association has to be made on instance 0 of 0-4 devices.
Also multichannel association works.

However dimmer function is not working. Association is done and is visible in association configuration but when I hold or slide button nothing hapens. When controlling dimmer over smarthome UI it works normally.

Any ideas, tips from anyone?
hribaro1

Post by hribaro1 »

Excluded and included wallmote back in secure mode (2 cliks of the button at inclusion).
Now dimmer works, but other switches do not work as they worked previously.

It seem that wallmote has to be included in the same way (secure, ubsecure) as the device we want to associate it to.