sequence condition

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
aidem74

sequence condition

Post by aidem74 »

Hi. I'm switched to z-way from vera edge a month ago so I'm kinda new here. Almost all off the functions I had on the vera I've been abel to create.
But I have a problem that I can't get to work. I used a sequence condition in vera.
Let me explain.
I have a swtich in my kitchen. Acting as as a sensor. This is called Master Button
I have 4 group of lights. I can turn them on/off by induvidial switches.
I want to turn on or off all 4 group of lights depending on thier status. If not all lights are 99% Turn on when pushing Master Button
If all lights are 99% turn off all lights when push on Master button.
With condition switch I know if all lights are 99% or not.
But If I program MasterButton AND allight not 99% to turn on lights the lights gets to an loop turning on & off again and agian.

So this was solved with sequence condition in vera. The Allights condition had to be OK first in order to execute the turning on/off.
If the MasterButton was pushed when condition got OK the sequence condition wasn't ok to execute.

Is this possible? Is there anybody who can help me or mayby have a other solution.
//aidem
Provo

Re: sequence condition

Post by Provo »

You could try using the Logical Rule app. First create one instance with boolean operator AND, and the conditions with master switch pressed and all related lights with level = 99. As actions, set all the lights off.

Then create another one which is identical except you set light levels < 99, and as action set all related lights to 99.

There could be some strange race condition (depending on the release time of the switch = pressed state) preventing this from working properly, but i think it should work. Report back if it doesn't, as I'm sure there are other ways to achieve this as well.
aidem74

Post by aidem74 »

So now i tried. It looks like a disco. On/off upp to 8 times depending on how Quick i push and release the button.
The one function must lock the other one so when the light change it can not start the opposit
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

Im not sure if I really understand what you want to do, but maybe you can use the Multi Button App to detect the status of your
4 group of lights. And then use the logical app or IF->Then app.
aidem74

Post by aidem74 »

Well I know if all lights are on 99% or not. The app, condition switch goes high (on) if all 4 groups are 99%.

The problem is when I push the MB (MasterButton) and allights99% is off the zway turns on the lights. But due to system respons, z-wave flood to turn on, the zway get the allights99% is on and the zway thinks the button is still pushed then it's turning off the lights again. The loop is a fact.
It's even possible that the button is still pushed and the loop is on.
Therefor I'll need to program an interlock.
The system can only be allowed to either run the turn on or turn off one time untill the MB is released.

Hope this explains a litle bit futher.
aidem74

Post by aidem74 »

I've finally solved my problem. I've created an interlock with help of a dummy device. Let me try to explain how it work.
A logical rule with 3 boleen AND condition: MasterButton (MB) on; allights99% on; Dummy device name Interlock (IL) off. Then I run a scene that turns off all lights and turns on Interlock(IL).
A almost identical logical rule but with allights99% off cannot run because the (IL) is on. This means that only one event is happening until (IL) is set to off again.
Another logical rule sets the (IL) to off when (MB) is released and turning to off.