Page 1 of 1

Upgrade to R3.0.0 and S2

Posted: 14 Dec 2018 22:56
by ibjr
I just did an upgrade from 2.3.8 to R 3.0.0-rc17.
Some of my devices support S2 (e.g. Danalock V2). However, after the upgrade to R3-rc17 none of the device show the S2 icon in Expert mode; they are all either unsecure or S0.
Do I need to exclude and re-include the S2 supporting devices to migrate to security S2?

Re: Upgrade to R3.0.0 and S2

Posted: 16 Dec 2018 00:56
by fez
I am facing the same thoughts (upgrading), but I was waiting for a released version. I would be very interested in your experience.
... as far I know you´ll have to exclude and include again.

Re: Upgrade to R3.0.0 and S2

Posted: 16 Dec 2018 14:32
by PoltoS
Sure, you have to re-include them as they need to negotiate the secure keys

Re: Upgrade to R3.0.0 and S2

Posted: 19 Dec 2018 23:22
by ibjr
I have successfully upgraded my zway network from 2.3.8 to 3.0.0-rc17.
Then I excluded and re-included two Danalock V3 devices in S2 mode.
That works well via ExpertUI ->network->control etc, but S2 inclusion of the two Danalocks did not work via Devices->+Add new.

I tried this several times, by first excluding the devices and then include them. Via Devices -> + Add new, the job always fails; also after excluding the devices. It does ask for the pin-code, but after that it fails with :
Security S2 inclusion timeout event
Node 46:0 CC SecurityS2: Security S2 key negociation with node 46 failed, KEX fail reason: Unknown Security S2 KEX failure reason (0)

Via ExpertUI->network->control->start inclusion (or exclusion) the S2 inclusion always ends successfully.

(I tried both mechanisms three times)

Re: Upgrade to R3.0.0 and S2

Posted: 23 Dec 2018 00:12
by PoltoS
I believe you need to clear cache as the UI changed too

Re: Upgrade to R3.0.0 and S2

Posted: 28 Dec 2018 00:57
by fez
Is an official release of 3.0.0 planned anytime soon?
Could you provide a rough timeframe?

Re: Upgrade to R3.0.0 and S2

Posted: 28 Dec 2018 23:39
by ibjr
The current RaspberryPiXtools-v3.0.0-rc17 comes with an old version of the SmarthomeUI (V1.8.0-RC56), which caused several problems.
See my topic in the Razberry forum.

Re: Upgrade to R3.0.0 and S2

Posted: 04 Jan 2019 02:06
by PoltoS
We are constantly working on v3.0.0. Mostly on the new Z-Wave Certification, as it is very tough now. New versions appears every month or even more often. Can not give you any date about the release, but I believe in February we will be close to a release

Re: Upgrade to R3.0.0 and S2

Posted: 13 May 2019 21:05
by bogr
Are there any updates on the release date? Even if it's an approximate date?

Re: Upgrade to R3.0.0 and S2

Posted: 19 May 2019 15:37
by PoltoS
We think to make the release early June despite the certification process. Huge work is ongoing on v3.0.0 and certification is also in progress