Unable to update firmware / install apps / update apps

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
vafen

Unable to update firmware / install apps / update apps

Post by vafen »

Hi. I just got the uzb1 and I wanted to update the firmware before I started to use it. So I installed the z-way-server-Windows-v2.3.3 but i could not do much, I was able to update the bootloader to to 40-.-,-.- (I dont remember exactly). But it did not show any firmware updates.
I tried to change the COM from 3 to 4, and tried to open up ports. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, would love some help.

Here is the log, I restarted the pc with a clean install of the server and I clicked the Open Updater where the connection in denied. And i cannot see any firmware updates in the expert mode either. Also tried to update and install some apps but it said it failed.
Documents.zip
(61.56 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
vafen

Re: Unable to update firmware / install apps / update apps

Post by vafen »

Allright, I went ahead and set up Ubuntu as i understand the windows version is not supported anymore. I installed the z-way-server-Ubuntu-v2.3.8-rc5 since others have stated it might work.
Progress was made as I am now able to see the firmware updates, but after pressing the upgrade button I get the message
Unable to update data. /ZWave.zway/ZMEFirmwareUpgrade
There is no activity in the terminal after running the update. Only the background noise scanner is running at the moment.

Currently the controller info give me this:

Code: Select all

bootloaderCRC: 40196 (21:58)
firmwareCRC: 17009 (21:58)

Application version	0.0
SDK version	6.71.01
And this is the one I am trying to upgrade to
2017-10-05 5.25 5.27 Update from 5.25 to 5.27 2CH firmware for EU/US/RU/IN/CN/ANZ/BR
PoltoS

Re: Unable to update firmware / install apps / update apps

Post by PoltoS »

Looks like it was not able to fetch the file. Curl problems?