"Beginners" Question

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
mdfinke

"Beginners" Question

Post by mdfinke »

Hello There!

OK, how to begin... simple:
I have a freshly installed razberry-board and 3.0 Software on a fresh and updated Stretch-Image running for testing purposes.
I was able to very nicely include a Popp and a Fibaro Smoke Sensor, the latter one including temperature sensor. Everything flawless with the inclusions , a very clean and straight forward setup.

My question:
I am not sure if the update times of the several "virtual devices" (each physical device brings 3 virtual devices: a tamper sensor, battery, the smoke sensor etc., the fibaro brings temperature also) should update with the wake-up interval that can be set in the expert GUI?
Maybe this is not the case and the update time does only reflect on manual actions on the physical device (like giving a test alert or triggering the tamper-sensor) or changes of the configuration of the virtual device (like giving it a different tag or room or whatever)?
I am unsure, because while testing during the last weeks I saw both: update-time corresponding with wake-ups for a while, then doing nothing. I encountered this behavior with 2.38 especially.
What I encounter with 3.0 is, that the Devices belonging to the Popp sensor do not update without manual action. I think: Ok, maybe this is the way it is meant to be.
But then there is the temperature sensor of the Fibaro: this thing should for sure update on a regular basis, right? And is does so only for one or two intervals (4200 seconds is the smallest value possible) and then it stops.

Please, can someone shed a light on this? What is the concept of those updateTime values and the wake-up interval? Is there some connection between the two? Why does the temperature not update? This should do for sure? Does it only work if I do not change the standard-interval?

Furthermore I'm pretty sure that the distances are not critical and all device have battery, they work instantly when being manipulated.

Next thing: I will check the logs of course and I changed the interval of the Fibaro back to the standard of 21600 seconds or 6 hours but still I would be very glad if someone could point me in some direction or shed a light on the basic concept of updateTime of the virtual devices in connection with the wake-up interval of the physical z-wave device :?: ?

Thanks in advance and Regards
mdfinke

Re: "Beginners" Question

Post by mdfinke »

OK, I already got some feedback at another place.
1. like I already suspected: the change of values andthus the value UpdateTime don't correspond with the wake up (and if so then for a reason or by accident)
2. In case of the Temperature sensor: the value of the temperature is updated only when the temperature changes I guess the frequency of those updates is supposedly to be configured independently of the wake-up

I think this makes sense and things clearer.