Restoring a backup

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
insiorc

Restoring a backup

Post by insiorc »

Hello

Having made a mess of upgrading to version 3.0.0 I decided as I had a recent backup that I would install from fresh. Everything appears to go well, I go into zway to install all missing apps before restoring the backup but I'm finding some of the Logical Rules are a bit muddled up.

When I open the Logical Rules list, I can see all (or most) of the rules but the title sometimes doesn't match the rule. What I mean is the title may say 'Upstairs Hall Light', but the content is actually the Bathroom light, or similar. About 50% are wrong.

Should I be restoring both the .zbk and .zab backups and in which order, or how do I actually restore when using a new SD Card or Z Way installation etc.?

Thanks
Rpi4 2Gb, Z-Way 3.2.2, UZB 5.39
PoltoS

Re: Restoring a backup

Post by PoltoS »

.zab contains .zbk inside.
insiorc

Post by insiorc »

Ok thanks, so I'll try a fresh install and only restore the .zab.
insiorc

Post by insiorc »

I've finally got it working, but it took a few attempts. Usually the Logical Rules were as before, a bit jumbled but then I finally got it.

I'l write this here as a reminder for myself if needed in future, aswell as maybe helping others as I couldn't find any clear instruction restoring.

Clean install of Raspbian Stretch Lite then installed Z-Way 3.0.0.
I Logged in, added all required apps. First I restored the .zab from the Z-Way Smart Home backup/restore then rebooted. The network devices were not showing so after waiting a couple of hours and a reboot I then restored the .zbk from in the Z-Way Expert UI. After a reboot everything was back exactly as before.