3.0.0: CGI program sent malformed or to big

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Atomic

3.0.0: CGI program sent malformed or to big

Post by Atomic »

I've got a new Raspberry with Z-Way Server 3.0.0 and cannot access the fw updater.

All I get is this error message:

Code: Select all

Error 500: Internal Server Error
CGI program sent malformed or too big (>16384 bytes) HTTP headers: []
In the z-way-server log file I see no output when the error occurs.
I already started z-way-server manually as root using

Code: Select all

cd /opt/z-way-server/ && export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/z-way-server/libs && ./z-way-server --log-level 0
This may be related to https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?f=3419&t=23701 but I'm not sure.
PoltoS

Re: 3.0.0: CGI program sent malformed or to big

Post by PoltoS »

Please use the way described on our wab site: https://z-wave.me/z-way-v3-0-0/
Helleman

Post by Helleman »

I tried to update according to https://z-wave.me/z-way-v3-0-0/ and after that I got the error: Error 500: Internal Server Error
CGI program sent malformed or too big (>16384 bytes) HTTP headers: [] when trying to update from my current version 2.3.8.

I updated from Jessie to Buster according to the instructions.
Did my update to Buster fail? Do I need to format my sdcard and do a clean install of buster and then install the latest z.wave.me?

Edit: Sorry, forget what I wrote above! I only updated to Buster according to the home page but I did not do the actual update to version 3.0.0.
I will try that tomorrow and see how it goes. I actually think the update to Buster failed though, there were some error messages along the way...
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please clean browser cache and cookies, update to v3.0.6 and again clean cache and cookies. Should help
Helleman

Post by Helleman »

PoltoS wrote:
17 Jun 2020 06:31
Please clean browser cache and cookies, update to v3.0.6 and again clean cache and cookies. Should help
Now I also did the “wget -q -O - https://storage.z-wave.me/RaspbianInstall | sudo bash” but no difference. Still cannot get past the error message “ Error 500: Internal Server Error CGI program sent malformed or too big (>16384 bytes) HTTP headers: [] “ when trying to update from my current version 2.3.8.
I cleaned browseer cache and cookies before and after the update attempt...
Helleman

Post by Helleman »

Tried to do a sudo apt update and received the no_pubkey E5958C31C0AFD761 problem that I saw in a different thread that people have had problems with.
Did not understand what to do though, because I am a total noob on Linux. I just follow and copy instructions to get the z-wave.me graphical interface to work. 😊
Helleman

Post by Helleman »

Did some repair to the installed packages and then tried to install again. Still got several error messages indicating that my sdcard was full, so I gave up and ordered a bigger sdcard to start all over on.
Started up my z-wave.me system and then suddenly it showed version nr 3.0.6! 😊
Don’t really know what I did that made it work, but I am not sure if it is a completely successful installation.
I directly noticed that my “if then” apps doesn’t work anymore.
Also, the whole reason why I wanted to upgrade from my perfectly stable 2.3.8 was that I have bought the new Qubino mini dimmer which should be compatible with z.wave.me in the latest sw-version. Unfortunately I cannot find that dimmer among the devices even in version 3.0.6... 😩
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Good to know that now it is working.

The Qubino dimmer should work in Z-Way. What is wrong with it?