MQTT app update to 1.4.1

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
rong

MQTT app update to 1.4.1

Post by rong »

I am trying to incorporate some home grown ESP32 based sensors with my Z-Way/RaZberry system. I am currently trying to get the interface working using the zway MQTT app in z-wave.me and am having some difficulties. After geting past the unique ClientID issue ( I have the 180mb log file to prove it) it is still not working. I am running mosquitto for the MQTT broker on the same RPI. The broker is running fine and I can use it with pub/sub command line clients. The ESP32 module is able to publish messages to the broker.

The description for the MQTT App describes it as version 1.4.1 and lists some improvements in the handling of broker connections. I am currently using version 1.3. I have tried updating the app with the online store and it seems to go through the motions and reports the the data was successfully updated, but on examination it still shows version 1.3. I have tried deleting the app and re-installing with the same result. I also tried downloading from github, to no avail (though to be honest my git skills are poor). Is the 1.4.1 update really available, and how can I get it? Thanks in advance.
PoltoS

Re: MQTT app update to 1.4.1

Post by PoltoS »

The last available module in the store is 1.4.1, though the version listed in the module itself is 1.3, so it always tells that it is still 1.3

What is wrong with the module?
rong

Post by rong »

The module is not making a connection with the MQTT broker. I have a simple setup with no user/pw and standard ports. I was hoping an update would fix my connection problems, but I guess I have been using 1.4.1 all along.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We can try to help with it - if you provide some access to us
zwaFisher

Post by zwaFisher »

Hi PoltoS.
I m having the same issue or similar with mqtt. Happy to give access and assist.