Logging power consumption

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
timb

Logging power consumption

Post by timb »

I have a couple of Qubino relays. They have power monitoring and can report W and KWh. Great, only I can't seem to log the values.
I can see the current value in the UI, but I want to get a history of reports.
I use the Sensor Polling module, but their values never show up in the event log and hence I cant log them (I use the Influx module for logging sensor values).

Are these power values soehow different from normal sonsors like Temp, Humidity?

Any ideas welcome!
Thanks
michap

Re: Logging power consumption

Post by michap »

Hi,
timb wrote:
23 Jan 2021 14:18
I use the Sensor Polling module, but their values never show up in the event log and hence I cant log them
why you should use the polling module? The devices do not report the values itself?
I had a very long time not a look at Qubino devices, that's why asking ;)

Michael
timb

Post by timb »

The devices do show the W and KWh value in the UI, but the values are not recorded in the event log - so no history. I tried the Polling module to see if that made a record in the log, but no.
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

Maybe you have to stop and start the history app. Or, just reboot the raspberry.
micky1500

Post by micky1500 »

Maybe this will help, My Qubino devices do not give power readings.

I have Aotec Devices and they have thresholds that I set to report if change is greater than 5%
Log file doesn't show any Watts or KWh values, same as your devices.

I then use the app. Sensor Value Logging.
2 options there:- Http or Json.
HttpGet - http://192.168.1.200/ctg${value} - sends the value to my Arduino to evaluate and log it for my graph.
JSON File, creates a Log file in JSON Format at \opt\z-way-server\automation\storage called SensorValueLogging

So, run 'Sensor Polling' and also use 'Sensor Value Logging' to re-direct the reading to your Influx system.

good luck.
Raspi 4 - (Buster - 32 Bit) Zwave Version 4.1.1, Raz 7 Pro, Serial API Version: 07.38
timb

Post by timb »

Thanks for the help.
I already use influx to track all my sensor values like Temp, Humidity, ... works fine.
Essentially it logs in influx the events in the event log that I have tagged.
I had already tried to tag KWh and log the same way, but get nothing in influx as there is no event.

I set up Sensor Value Logging as you suggested to track the KWh value.
I used JSON file - but do file was created in \opt\z-way-server\automation\storage
And still no events in the log so I cant see how influx is going to work.

Does anyone have any idea why is it that no events are generated?

Thanks
TheGreenCameleon

Post by TheGreenCameleon »

micky1500 wrote:
24 Jan 2021 20:29
I have Aotec Devices and they have thresholds that I set to report if change is greater than 5%
It is the same for Qubino devices. For the majority of the Flush devices, this is governed by parameters 40 and 42.

@timb: Do you own Flush OnOff Thermostat 2(ZMNKIDx) or the Flush Thermostat OnOff (ZMNHIDx)?

Flush OnOff Thermostat 2 manual:
https://qubino.com/manuals/Flush_ON_OFF ... stat_2.pdf
parameters 40 and 42 are set to the values 10 and 600 respectively.

Flush Thermostat manual:
https://qubino.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... ng_0.2.pdf
Parameters 40 and 42 are set to 0 respectively.

You probably have the older, ZMNHIDx, device, which has, by default, disabled power consumption reporting, as can be seen in the manual, under the two mentioned configuration parameters.
timb

Post by timb »

I have the ZMNHAD1 device - so a 1 channel relay. Its new, only bought it 2 weeks ago.
I set parameter 40 Power consumption reporting threshold to 1 (1%)
and parameter 42 (reporting time to 300) = 5 mins
But no reporting!
The relay controls a 2kW heather, so when it turns on it jumps more than 1% !
TheGreenCameleon

Post by TheGreenCameleon »

Then it might be the Lifeline configuration - if you are using the device without a temp sensor and without the additional inputs I2 I3, you have to make sure the ordinary lifeline is configured:
https://support.qubino.com/support/solu ... -lifelines
michap

Post by michap »

Yes, right, Lifeline should be configured.
I just have "found" my Qubino device - tried it to install and got the same by default as timb.

-> Go into expert view, select Associaation for the Qubino device and add the Z-Way controller to Lifeline (for the needed reports)

Then you will get the values - and you can see it in log:

Code: Select all

[2021-01-27 14:04:17.371] [D] [zway] SETDATA devices.8.instances.1.commandClasses.50.data.2.val = 8.500000
[2021-01-27 14:20:03.557] [D] [zway] SETDATA devices.8.instances.0.commandClasses.50.data.2.val = 8.900000
[2021-01-27 14:20:03.892] [D] [zway] SETDATA devices.8.instances.1.commandClasses.50.data.2.val = 8.900000
Also history will be written then.

Good luck!
Michael