Condicional Schedule Start

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
manueldiasmanuel

Condicional Schedule Start

Post by manueldiasmanuel »

Hello,

Is it possible to trigger the start ( activate , deactivate) of an Schedule by a condition , such as a Switch or a by Rule ?

MD
seattleneil

Re: Condicional Schedule Start

Post by seattleneil »

No, schedules cannot be manually triggered to start. You can only manually/programmatically pause a schedule so that it won't trigger at the configured time and resume the schedule so that it will run at the configured time.

Z-Way has a pretty easy approach to do what you want. Create an instance of a "Virtual Device (JavaScript)" app as a binary switch that duplicates the on/off action of the scheduled action. You can then manually/programmatically turn on and off the virtual device.

To duplicate the scheduled actions in the virtual device, copy/paste the JS code from the expert UI for the On and Off actions into the virtual device On and Off actions.
Thoposel

Post by Thoposel »

You can use a workaround by creating a virtual device as a binary switch that replicates the on/off action of the scheduled task. By copying and pasting the JavaScript code from the expert UI for the on and off actions into the virtual device's on and off actions, you can manually or programmatically control the virtual device to mimic the scheduled actions.
manueldiasmanuel

I´ve missed your replies .

I ´ve red 100 times and could not follow your description.

What i need :

1- i create a schedule
2- I switch on a phisical_device_1 , every day at 13:00 .
3-The schedule is activated
4- How to actiavte and deactivated by using the virtual device ?

In your suggestion for copying the code in Expert UI , i don´t understand where is the code should pick ? From the phisical_device_1 ?

I thought that i could access from virtual device, the schedule data by GET Http. Is this possible ?

Regards,

MD
manueldiasmanuel

Thank you both.

I understood now , yes , its a very easy solution.

MD
manueldiasmanuel

I´ve found out that i can change the state of Schedule, by using a http request node from Node-RED.

Question . Is there a way to send similar request within Z-way ?