WebSockets not working again

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
theforce

WebSockets not working again

Post by theforce »

Hi!

After upgrading to Z-Way version 4.1.2-wb1 I cannot use the WebSocket JS-function any more. The connection immediately closes after onopen has triggered, so the client is connected and then immediately the connection is closed. I captured the packets and noticed that the third-party server responds correctly with "101 Switching Protocols" so the issue should be in Z-Way.
seattleneil

Re: WebSockets not working again

Post by seattleneil »

Do you have a compelling reason to run a release candidate version of Z-Way? If not, then it seems reasonable to revert back to the GA version 4.1.1. If running the release candidate version is important, I suggest you try installing the most recent release candidate version:

Code: Select all

https://storage.z-wave.me/z-way-server/z-way-4.1.2-wb7-lws16_armhf.deb
With luck, the problem you found in 4.1.2-wb1 may be fixed in 4.1.2-wb7.
theforce

Post by theforce »

Well, I only updated my system and then this version popped up without my consent. I did not know that candidate releases were pushed to everybody. Maybe I should have pinned the previous version before doing the upgrade. I tried reverting back to 4.1.1 and 4.1.0 by running "dpkg -i deb-file" but then some libraries seem to break in z-way. I get these failure messages in the log file: " [core] Error: Uncaught ReferenceError: sockets is not defined". I guess they are related to code running "new sockets.websocket(...)".
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

I think it is a problem with the library. Please start z-way using:

Code: Select all

cd /opt/z-way-server; ls -l libs; LD_LIBRARY_PATH=libs ./z-way-server
And show the first 50 lines.