Home Assistant Integration

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
hp1

Home Assistant Integration

Post by hp1 »

Hello,

I've updated my old razberry and PI1 to a PI5 and to a newer version v4.1.2-wb1. The HA integration is really nice, simple and easy and I'm migrating away from the custom one that I built using the API. I'm hoping that someone that has locks and blinds and is using the integration might be able to offer some advice on 3 things;

- My somfy devices for UP/DOWN show up in the zwave.me interface as siren devices, and therefore show up in HA as siren.name . Is this normal? Is there any way to edit the devices if they have the wrong type?
- Is there a battery level object in the zwave.me interface? I have 'replace battery soon' and 'replace battery now' objects, but I'd rather just have the actual percentage.
- My locks don't respond back to local changes reliably. I have the niffler plug in, but just wondering if there's a better way.
PoltoS

Re: Home Assistant Integration

Post by PoltoS »

Hello!

For up/down we will check and get back to you.
For the battery too.
For the lock - if it behaves the same in Z-Way, the problem is in the lock. Do you see local changes reliably in Z-Way UI?
hp1

Post by hp1 »

My mistake, I didn't have Niffler enabled. I have that now, and I think it's working well. Be great to get proper battery status in the HA integration. Does Zway also support reading and writing lock codes? I had this working in the integration that I built, but don't see this ability in the Z-Way UI.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Only in Expert UI