Home Assistant Z-Wave.Me Addon BETA TESTING

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
RandomTask

Home Assistant Z-Wave.Me Addon BETA TESTING

Post by RandomTask »

Hello everyone, we are going to release a big update for the home assistant addon with the Z-Way server.
The following changes are made in this version:
- Update of the Z-Way version from 4.1.0 to 4.1.3.
- Fixed a problem with remote access, if you have ID 197811, it will be replaced with a new one. Also, at the first launch, a new unique ID will be obtained
- An additional port input field has been added, this field is required if you are going to use an additional adapter in Z-Way, for example ZigBee or EnOcean or Z-Station.
- The image size has been reduced, now it is not based on the virtual environment of Raspberry Pi from balena, now we use the debian image from home assistant, everything now works in the hassio environment
- We also switched to the s6-overlay launch system, for better compatibility with the Home Assistant
- Removed useless ports 1883 and 8883, which interfered with the mqtt broker
- Added a field with a choice of logging level, disabled by default so as not to torment the microSD memory card, if you need logs, just specify the value 0

If you want to participate in testing, install a second DEV repository for yourself, you can make a backup copy from the last addon and restore it. Before launching the test version of the addon, do not forget to disable the main one. Here is a link to the DEV repository.

Code: Select all

https://github.com/msazanov/ha-z-wave-me-addon
lanbrown

Re: Home Assistant Z-Wave.Me Addon BETA TESTING

Post by lanbrown »

I have installed this on a test machine for now. Running the 4.1.0 on five others.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

So I have installed this on one of my production boxes. I did perform a backup from both the normal UI and the expert UI. I first restored the backup from the normal UI but it still showed the devices as greyed out, so I restored the backup in the expert UI as well and all devices are shown. I do see this in the log though:

Code: Select all

ok.
[22:28:46] INFO: zbw_connect has started successfully!
cat: /sys/class/net/eth0/address: No such file or directory
Device "eth0" does not exist.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

You can ignore the errors - it can not detect the mac and ip address, since by default it tries the eth0, which is not the right one in docker.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

So far that was the only issue I have noticed. The one production install I upgraded to this dev code was because of an issue in 4.10 that was fixed by a later release. I had to use the reset api button from time to time.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

I see that it has been put to mainline distribution. I have updated the two running the beta. In the future if you need a tester, feel free to reach out.