Authentication

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
p_mihai_ro

Authentication

Post by p_mihai_ro »

Will authentication be available anytime soon? Currently, the razberry API allows public access to anyone that knows the IP address and the port.

Thanks,
PoltoS

Yes, it will. We will use

Post by PoltoS »

Yes, it will. We will use Basic Authentication with HTTPS (SSL). In a few weeks it will become available.
p_mihai_ro

Thanks.

Post by p_mihai_ro »

Thanks.
carlosbaraza

Will it?

Post by carlosbaraza »

Hope it will and if you have stop the project I would like to request you to release it as open source so the community could continue it and update the software.

Authentication is something really important cause otherwise our Z-Wave devices are exposed to everyone who knows the IP address of the RPi.
PoltoS

It is not a good idea to

Post by PoltoS »

It is not a good idea to expose your RPi to the word. We have reconsidered the issue with authentication and decided not to implement it directly in Z-Way package.

We now have our own remote access service with authentication. We also suggest to use ngnix or similar tools to make authentication, since different users asks for different level of authentication and access level.
ku1111

binding to 127.0.0.1 only

Post by ku1111 »

In order to make it work with nginx as reversed proxy we need to be able to have the z-way-server listen to 127.0.0.1 only or else authentication can still be bypassed. Is there a way to limit the address(es) that the z-way-server listens to?

(I know I can setup iptable rules for this but the above method is way more elegant)

Regards

Marcel
PoltoS

Added to feature requests. So

Post by PoltoS »

Added to feature requests. So far you can use iptables.