Just started with my RaZberry....

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
krambriw

Just started with my RaZberry....

Post by krambriw »

Hi, just made the thing work, thanks for providing this interesting solution, it was rather straight forward using the 2013-02-09-wheezy-raspbian.zip dist.

Also added a first device to my network (2X1,5kW - Fibaro (COMX221)) and it operates ok using the included gui.

But I have some questions and observations (of course):

- the coverage: I was hoping for better coverage. I have been using simple 433 MHz devices since years and they have so far much better coverage from my transceiver (but I use an external antenna). So why did you not consider an external antenna connector instead?

- I tried to install Z-wave on my existing SqueezePlug dist but the the z-wave server process did not start after reboot, installation went fine though. Anybody else also running SqueezePlug and Z-Wave on the same Raspberry image?

Best regards, Walter
PoltoS

I suppose the Debian like

Post by PoltoS »

I suppose the Debian like filesystem paths are not same as in SqueezePlug. The install script relis on wheezy.

Just open the install script (http://razberry.z-wave.me/install) and repeat manually the process to see what went wrong.
krambriw

Dear PoltoS,

Post by krambriw »

Dear PoltoS,
Thanks for you suggestion. Actually, this morning I downloaded and used the latest HF image for Squeezeplug (6.02) and then added Z-way...and now it works!!!

I will now start to develop a plugin for EventGhost Z-Way to make it possible to combine all stuff in EventGhost with the Z-Way

Thank you very much,
Best regards, Walter