z-way-server as opensource?

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
Tiptop

z-way-server as opensource?

Post by Tiptop »

Hello,

are there any plans to make z-way-server open source to being able to support/speed up the development?
Open sourcing the hardware's firmware of RaZberry wouldn't be required to do this...

Greets,

Stefan
pz1

The front ends are open

Post by pz1 »

The front ends are open source, so you can play with that. The back end is unlikely to become open source. I did ask that question a year ago.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
Tiptop

I know that the front ends

Post by Tiptop »

I know that the front ends are open source as the JavaScript/HTML code is lying in the file system....
I am asking especially for the backend as I am really waiting and waiting for some bugs to be fixed (at the moment especially the famous "too many opened files"-bug).
To being honest, I am not sure about the status of the RaZberry product... is it some hobby/research project or is it meant for serious real life installations?

Regards,

Stefan
PoltoS

There are no plans to make it

Post by PoltoS »

There are no plans to make it open source yet. But we think about this from time to time. This lies in the plane of business, not wishes ;)

We took a delay in releasing next version due to bugs in open source projects. And it does not help much that they are open, since we need to dig inside, spare time to inspect it, test it... Now it is released (but with one feature still not working - backup/restore due to a bug in open source libarchive).
lamenace

I would like to test the

Post by lamenace »

I would like to test the server on my cubieboard