How do I reset kWh value in Fibaro Wall plug FGWPE

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
pz1

How do I reset kWh value in Fibaro Wall plug FGWPE

Post by pz1 »

Is it possible to reset the value of the kWh counter in the Fibaro WAll plug FGWPE?
I can read the value with:
http://raspberry_IP:8083/ZWaveAPI/Run/devices[2].instances[0].Meter.data[0].val.value
the data[0] element holds the kWh figure.

I can't find how to reset that specific meter. What works is to reset the whole thing:
http://raspberry_IP:8083/ZWaveAPI/Run/devices[2].instances[0].Meter.Reset()

But that is not what I want, because it temporarily shuts of the lamp too.
The Fibaro datasheet is vague about this.

Edit: From the Razberry menu device control/meter I notice that the Reset button there does the same "rude" reset.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

This might be the problem of

Post by PoltoS »

This might be the problem of Fibaro, since with Everspring it works perfectly. What does it that it is not supposed to do? Switching off the device?
pz1

I encountered this during the

Post by pz1 »

I encountered this during the development of a Meter function in RaZ-OR.

Yes it is mainly the switching off that bothers me now. I want to reset meters silently without disrupting an other function on the device.

Taking it more broadly I can imagine that I might get a device with more than one accumulating sensor. I would like to have the option to reset them individually. I am wondering if that is at all possible with Z-Wave commands.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

This is from the spec: "The

Post by PoltoS »

This is from the spec: "The Meter Reset Command used to reset ALL accumulated values stored in the meter device.". So, the answer is no ;( Only if they are separated by channels.