Z-Way 1.5.0 Release

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
pz1

Z-Way 1.5.0 Release

Post by pz1 »

It seems that version 1.5.0 has silently been released via the standard installation routine. I regret that we haven't got prior warning, so we could instruct our OpenRemote users properly how to deal with the changes in this new release.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

Re: Z-Way 1.5.0 Release

Post by PoltoS »

This is same as 1.5.0-rc1. This was done due to complains about kernel problems with 1.4.1 - people don't read our website and we get a lot of support cases...

We have now an OpenRemoteHelper inside the latest 1.5.0-rc3 - I'll give it to you for tests today.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Fair enough under the circumstances
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

You can pick it up now.

Please have a look on the OpenRemoteHelper. It is in automation/modules/. It is loaded automatically, so user do not need to do anything to use it.

Note that we have changed a bit your original code to make a dedicated namespace in the URLs, improved a bit and unified nameings. Hope you will approve these changes.

Just in case, the Home Automation is in github. You can do

Code: Select all

rm -Rf automation
git clone https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/home-automation.git automation
cd automation
git checkout develop
and start to contribute it. We will accept your pull requests on github.

Here is the short manual. You can use it to improve your page on OpenRemote.org:

OpenRemote API was introduced in version Z-Way 1.5.0 controller. To control devices there are several HTTP commands:

http://IP:8083/ZAutomation/OpenRemote/Command/N/I/param
IP - Address of the controller RaZberry
Command - Сontrol command
N - device Number of Z-Wave
I - Inside a device can be physically multiple devices (channels), for example 2 relay or temperature sensor, motion sensor, light sensor. The Instance parameter is a channel number within the device. If a device has only one physical device, this option is 0.
param - Parameter, which is used with some teams, for example to set the dimmer 50%

Team
1) SwitchBinaryOn/N/I - Enables device
2) SwitchBinaryOff/N/I - Off device
3) SwitchBinaryStatus/N/I - Show on or off the device (on/off)
4) SwitchMultilevelSet/N/I/param - Open the blinds or dimming light level, param - dimming level, for example 50
5) SwitchMultilevelLevel/N/I - Show the percentage of open blinds or продиммирован light
6) SwitchMultilevelStatus/N/I - Show dimmer on/off, blinds open/closed
7) AlarmStatus/N - Show whether the alarm ,"on" alarm means
8) SensorBinaryStatus/N/I/Type - Show for determining whether a binary sensor (opening movement, leakage), "on" means work. Type - the Type of sensor is usually equal to 1
9) ThermostatLevel/N - Show temperature which must support thermostat
10) ThermostatSet/N/param - Set temperature, which must support a thermostat, param - temperature
11) ThermostatSetMode/N/Mode - Set the thermostat mode Off, Heat, Cool, Auto, Auxiliary, Resume, Fan Only, Furnace, Dry Air, Moist Air, Auto Change Over, Heat Energy Save, Save Energy Save Cool, Heat Away, Away, Cool, Full Power, Manufacturer Specific, Low Auto, On Low, Auto, High, On High, Auto Medium, On Medium
12) ThermostatModeName/N - Show the name of the regime, which is now set
13) BatteryLevel/N - Show charge batteries
14) MeterLevel/N/I/S - Show electricity consumption. S=0 for kWh; S=2 Watts
15) MeterReset/N/I - read Zero power consumption
16) TemperatureLevel/N/I - Show temperature
17) HumidityLevel/N/I - Show humidity
18) SensorMultilevel/N/I/S Is indication of the sensor S - conditional number of the sensor in the Z-Way
19) DoorLock/N - Close castle
20) DoorUnlock/N - Open the lock

Check the operability of the commands from the browser.
Turn on the light:
http://192.168.0.39:8083/ZAutomation/Op ... naryOn/5/0
Request temperature:
http://192.168.0.39:8083/ZAutomation/Op ... eLevel/8/0
Dimming light on 50%:
http://192.168.0.39:8083/ZAutomation/Op ... Set/6/0/50
Learn worked whether the motion sensor:
http://192.168.0.39:8083/ZAutomation/Op ... atus/4/0/1
"on"
To set temperature the thermostat 22 degrees:
http://192.168.0.39:8083/ZAutomation/Op ... atSet/8/22
Last edited by PoltoS on 30 Mar 2014 12:38, edited 2 times in total.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

By the way, in the new UI you can also click on Preferences->Modules and use Custom USer Code modules to load any file from the disc or even any code you type in the UI. This will be saved permanently.

All modules data is stored in automation/storage folder. Not everything is ready - this is a RC! We will release soon with scenes, timers, sensor pollings, etc.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Thanks, I found it, and looked into the OpenRemoteHelpers. Can't say that I understand everything about the modules architecture, but at the level of individual CommandClasses, I think it is simple enough for people like me to extend it. Also documentation within the code is OK.

The awkward part is that I have a lot of editing to on the command calls within Openremote :(

Is it still possible to have my old RaZ-OR modules being called from main.js as I did in the very beginning? Then I could make the transition gradually device after device. That would ease the pain

PS: Do I need the latest Rasbian 3.10 for 1.5.0, or will the 3.6 do as well?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

For new users I hope people will use the new module - it is out of the box and have better design.

Also old schema for OpenRemote can be changed to the new style using find & replace technique, provided you can export it in XML and import back after editing.

Of course you can use your old RaZ-OR, but I don't suggest to put it in main.js, since each update you will need to mangle main.js. Instead you can use one of CustomUserCode or CustomUserCodeLoader - both allows to load any JS code in the engine.

New version works with both kernel versions - we have patched 4 lines in v8 engine to correctly detect ARM type on both kernels.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Thanks Sergeui.
I agree with you that new Users should use the new module. That is the future!

Unfortunately at the moment OpenRemote production versions do not support import of XML yet (and the new pro Designer 1.0.12 to be released tomorrow won't either).
So I have to do a lot of manual editing. That is why I would like to have the old and the new next to each other until the new module is working OK.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

With NOOBS I made a 3.10 installation on a new SD card. Nothing happened after giving the command to install rc3 as descrbed on the RaZberry-pages:

wget -q -O – razberry.z-wave.me/install/v1.5.0-rc3 | sudo bash

just came back with the prompt.

Edit: After NOOBS setup I added Samba as I had done with my previous installations using:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install samba samba-common-bin
Edit2 did get installation to work finally with

wget -q -O – http://razberry.z-wave.me/install/v1.5.0-rc3 | sudo bash

I can get at the Expert menu, but unfortunately the Force Interview does not seem to work.
So, returning to my 1.4.1 installation
alexey.zimarev

Post by alexey.zimarev »

I have 1.5.0-rc1 and force interview works from the device management. I got another issue with Z-Wave controller itself being lost by the Z-Way server. I see that devices send commands (how could they do it without a controller???) but Z-Way reports that controller is not registered. The most interesting thing is that OS reboot does not help. Only power off and on returns everything to a working state. I will monitor it a bit more. I run it on Olinuxino A10 Lime board, it might be the reason although I doubt it.