RaZberry and OpenRemote

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
SolarFlor

RaZberry and OpenRemote

Post by SolarFlor »

Hi all,
this is my first discussion so I would like to introduce myself.
First of all if my English is very poor but ....

I'm using Raspberry to monitor the energy produced by my photovoltaic system and the energy consumed.
Based on the difference Produced-Consumed I'm driving a relay to turn on/ turn off a boiler.

I have now discovered a new word with Z-Wave and I have understood that I coud use my Raspberry PI as a 'Home Center' with the Razberry.

I have bought it and I hope to receive it in a couple of days.

I have some question now, just to start.
Should I load OpenRemote software on my Rasp or, by using the RaZberry I dont need it?

Many thanks for your support.
pz1

Re: RaZberry and OpenRemote

Post by pz1 »

If you want to easily configure nice interfaces, you could use OpenRemote. Beware that the Pi is a light device, so with OpenRemote it might become to heavy while your system grows. If you have some programming skills you may consider to start off with only the Pi. Alternatively you can decide to deploy a second Raspberry to host OpenRemote.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
SolarFlor

Post by SolarFlor »

Many thanks for your advice.
In fact this was my second question. I have already working a couple of codes on my Rasp (to measure production and consumption) so I wonder if the system could support a third program like OpenRemote.

By the way are you reccomanding openremote for the Rasp or some other opensource code?
SolarFlor

Post by SolarFlor »

Sorry, another question. Are you suggesting to use Soft-float or Hard-float OS in my Rasp+RaZ?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

SolarFlor wrote:By the way are you reccomanding openremote for the Rasp or some other opensource code?
I only have experience with OpenRemote, which works reasonable well with Z-Way 1.4.1 (see link in my signature for more documentation on what I have done/written)
pz1

Post by pz1 »

SolarFlor wrote:Sorry, another question. Are you suggesting to use Soft-float or Hard-float OS in my Rasp+RaZ?
See the official openremote installation page for raspberry:
http://www.openremote.org/display/docs/ ... spberry+Pi
SolarFlor

Post by SolarFlor »

pz1 wrote:
SolarFlor wrote:Sorry, another question. Are you suggesting to use Soft-float or Hard-float OS in my Rasp+RaZ?
See the official openremote installation page for raspberry:
I have already read there and both solution are available for OpenRemote, but I'm not sure if RaZberry can work on both as well.

I was thinking to use the Hard-float.
SolarFlor

Post by SolarFlor »

pz1 wrote:See the official openremote installation page for raspberry:
Hi Pieter,
I have seen it (not aware that was from you) but I feeled warried reading your advice at the beginning of the page. Are the instructions you reported still valid?

Ciao
pz1

Post by pz1 »

I don't know. At present I run OpenRemote Professional from Synology DS212+, where raspberry is my Z-wave gateway. So I can't tell if the instruction is correct. Maintenance on software and documentation of OpenRemote is at a low burner lately. I am not aware of serious coordinated community development plans. Apparantly most people are happy with what is around. Looks like a kind of abandonware status
SolarFlor

Post by SolarFlor »

Need your help again.
The RaZberry is just arrived and I have configured it.
I opened the Expert UI (I cannot find the demo UI) and I tried to conned a device (the Fibaro Wall Plug).
Everything seems ok but it wasn't able to complete the interview even if I have forced it many times.

What I should do now?
Many thnaks for your support
Attachments
Presentazione1.jpg
Presentazione1.jpg (42.23 KiB) Viewed 9222 times