We are proud to announce the new v2.0.0 release! It has changed dramatically inside, thought you might not notice it from the UI perspective.
In this version we worked a lot to bring more stable and more functional controller.
- Full support of Z-Wave Plus proven by Z-Wave certification house
- New more comfortable Expert UI
- Android app released
- Support of thermostats
- More modules in Z-Way Home Automation
- Stability was the key for this release and we worked a lot tom ship you a commercial grade software.
- Support for websockets, HomeKit, HTTP proxying
How to upgrade?
RaZberry: go to ip:8084 and use Firmware Upgrade tool to install latest stable
Z-Box/Alix: go to ip:8084 and use Firmware Upgrade tool to install latest stable, after upgrade you will need to go in Home Automation UI->Preferences->Automation->Z-Wave Binding and change port from /dev/ttyAMA0 to /dev/ttyS0
Debian, Ubuntu and others: run install script again. After upgrade you will need to go in Home Automation UI->Preferences->Automation->Z-Wave Binding and change port from /dev/ttyAMA0 to /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyUSB0 depending on your configuraton.
Windows: we apologize, not yet available. We are working on Windows release.NB!
You might need to clear browser cache. In Chrome: Menu -> More Tools -> Clear browser data -> Cached images and files. For more info look here
We would be glad to get some feedback from you. Please visit our issues tacker on github:
Z-Way frontend for configuration: https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/home-automation-ui/
Z-Way JS backend: https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/home-automation/issues
Z-Way C layer:: https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/z-way-issues/issues
Z-Way for Adroid: https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/Z-Way-Android
What do we expect from future versions?
- More responsive web UI
- Better translations on different languages
- Add icons selector
- Notifications rework and events flow concept
- Major changes in UI concept
- Users authentication
Change Log for v2.0.0 version
Z-Wave Plus certified (Certification Number ZC10-14110009).
Z-Way can work as primary and as secondary controller (to work with other Z-Wave controllers).
A lot of improvements and stability fixes.
- SensorMultilevel will not create phantom sclaes anymore
- Alarm v2 fixed
- MultiCmd adopted to fix DLC 13 problem
- Security implements inclusion timers for secure inclusion
- SwitchBinary and SwitchMultilevel can now work as device
- NodeNaming UTF16 fixed
- MultiChannel Find Instance implemented
- AGI bugs fixed
- Association/MultiChannelAssociation autoconfig logic changed
- PowerLevel support added
- Completely new software structure
- Native (C++) modules support in JS.
- HomeKit preliminary support. Waiting for apps in AppStore
- Proxy implemented in the engine to pass thru WebCams and other content via find.z-wave.me
- Websockets support
- Syslog logging support added on Unix/Linux platforms
- Add diagnostic messages in case of data access without a lock (for libzway users)
- Support for new 5th gen UZB dongle and RaZberry (AutoFlashAutoProg, NVM, RFPowerLevel, SendTestFrame functions added)
New Command Classes:
- Proprietary for few devices on the market using it
Minor changes in the API:
- FirmwareUpdate dataholders renamed
- New controller state Resetting assigned during reset to factory process (controller.data.controllerState)
- Replace python-style DataHolders type names in ZDDX and JS:
- "NoneType" changed to "empty"
- "str" changed to "string"
- "str" changed to "string"
- Data Holder JS property name is now hidden and is not returned in JS output neither in /ZWaveAPI/Data/
- Data Holders C API changes: all "zway_data_*(zway," should be changed to "zdata_*("
- Changed format of config.xml file and command line parameters. Now all Z-Wave related data moved into appropriate JS module
- Functions loadJSON(), saveJSON() and similar moved to fs.loadJSON(), added fs.load() to load any file as string
- SUC/SIS handling enhanced
- Works perfectly as secondary controller
- PowerLevel full support on 5th gen dongles/RaZberries
- AddNodeToNetwork and RemoveNodeFromNetwork cancel hang fixed
- Max packet size handling enhanced
- Answer-as-requested policy implemented to conform Z-Wave Plus (for Security/MultiCmd/CRC16)
- zway.bind with EnumerateExisting fixed
- RemoveFailedNode and ReplaceFailedNode timeout rised
- New Expert UI. Old Blue UI kept as second option.
- Communication statistics added for more network debugging
- New HA UI improved, more modules added
About New Expert UI:
- More installer friendly
- Works perfectly on tablets
- Multi Channel Associations can be set in a user friendly way like simple Associations
- Communication Statistics for advanced analysis of network stability
- Map removed from this UI
- Firmware Upgrade support
- It is possible to run many WebServers on different port with different API and handlers
- Proxy support: webserver.proxify(url, target, [user, passwd]) creates transparent redirect
- WebSockets clients can receive notification from WebServer via webserver.push(obj) method