Many different Alarm types with Fibaro FGSS-002

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
AlphaX2

Many different Alarm types with Fibaro FGSS-002

Post by AlphaX2 »

Hi,

I was looking for a ZWave smoke detector and made a choice: it's the new Fibaro FGSS-002, because that one fullfills the EN14604, is very small and uses ZWave Plus. Connecting to Z-Way worked without trouble, but I get many different alarms and it seems there are two alarm types as well.
Fibaro-FGSS-002.png
Fibaro-FGSS-002.png (63.35 KiB) Viewed 13424 times
Can someone bring some light in here: What is the difference between the yellow/orange and the blue/green alarms? And why do some of them appear twice?

As far as I know the smoke sensor can inform you about six different things:
  • 1. smoke should be: Alarm Smoke
    2. heat (above 55° C) should be: Alarm Heat, but 13-0-113-4-2 or 13-0-156-4?
    3. opening the housing maybe: Alarm System/General Purpose?
    4. low battery shoud be: Alarm Power Managment
    5. out of z-wave range maybe: Alarm System/General Purpose?
    6. malfunction maybe: Alarm System/General Purpose?
This could fit the blue/green things?

Does anyone use the FGSS-002 and has some knowledge, or can help me, maybe by the naming/icon rules, what is what!? :?

Thank you very much,

AlphaX2
pofs

Re: Many different Alarm types with Fibaro FGSS-002

Post by pofs »

113 is Alarm, and 156 is AlarmSensor.
It is quite strange that device implements both of these command classes. The UI doesn't expect it, so renders both of them. Probably need to add a check to ignore AlarmSensor (which is deprecated) if Alarm is also present.

Regarding alarm types:
113-7-3 is cover removed / tamper
113-9-1 is malfunction / hardware failure
113-4-2 is overheat
113-8-10 is low battery
113-1-2 is smoke alarm
113-1-3 is smoke alarm test

Out of range can hardly be an alarm, because what's the point in it if it cannot be delivered to controller (since the device is not in range)
AlphaX2

Post by AlphaX2 »

Hi,

thanks make the things a bit more clear, found the difference also via ZWay Dev. But didn't understand what the difference is between Alarm and AlarmSenor.

In the following thread (viewtopic.php?f=3423&t=21867&start=10) I was pointed to the fact that the device description XML is not correct. Now, after updating it, it just shows the 3 "AlarmSensor" CC items. This can be modified in the XML?

Sorry for all this questions, I'm trying hard to get into it with all it details. :)
pofs

Post by pofs »

Both Alarm and AlarmSensor are deprecated command classes, which were superseded by Notification command class (it has the same ID as Alarm, just its official name was changed; we keep calling it Alarm in Z-Way for simplicity). No big difference actually, just a mess in protocol specs which they're trying to get rid of :) The main difference is AlarmSensor doesn't have Set command, so there's no way to turn the alarm off, it only can be done by device itself.

Updating pepper1 XMLs shouldn't have any effect on device rendering at all. Check the interview state for Alarm CC in Expert UI, you might need to re-interview the device.
AlphaX2

Post by AlphaX2 »

Sounds great - handle decrapted stuff is never easy.

Okay I'll try later to do a new Interview, but in "ExpertView" everything shows up normal - Interview is done and everything fine as far as I see. But also in the past ExpertView never showed the "Alarm" devices, always just the "AlarmSensor", but automation UI did.

Will report later.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

pofs wrote:Updating pepper1 XMLs shouldn't have any effect on device rendering at all.
I thought they do matter for the configuration parameter settings, don't they?
pofs

Post by pofs »

pz1 wrote:
pofs wrote:Updating pepper1 XMLs shouldn't have any effect on device rendering at all.
I thought they do matter for the configuration parameter settings, don't they?
Just to display parameters in a friendly way. You're able to set parameters via Configuration CC without any XML, it is just inconvenient.
AlphaX2

Post by AlphaX2 »

Doing the Interview again solved the problem. Thanks.