2.1.2-rc17 Issues

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
pz1

2.1.2-rc17 Issues

Post by pz1 »

The first few issues I found 2.1.2-rc17
  1. After login, the the login screen returns (firefox) (chrome is ok)
  2. The name I had edited for a device under 2.1.2 changed back to the original system generated name
  3. In notifications I only get message "This device does not have an event." I could no longer find the notifications in directory automation/storage Release notes for rc15 do mention notifications, but I don't have a clue what this text means. Probably obvious for developers, not for end users like me
  4. In the Smarthome user interface a comprehensive backup/restore is still missing. Ought to be in the final version directly under the dropdown menu in the top right corner.
  5. I don't understand why current time display is replaced with a "one-way traffc icon" in menu smarthome/#/admin
  6. Appstore apparantly is still disfunctional. Would be good if some clarification about its intended functioning was given.
  7. OpenRemote still does not properly authenticate with ZWay.
  8. Took a little while before I found Expert Interface under Z-Wave devices. A few more steps to get there. I quess the developers are confident that we don't have to use it as often as before ;)
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
AlphaX2

Re: 2.1.2-rc17 Issues

Post by AlphaX2 »

Hi,

I can add, that the UI and also the ZAutomation API is not showing all command classes of my Fibaro Smoke Sensor (FGSD-002), there just showing up some CommandClass 113 items (test alarm, heat alarm) and also temperature.

Don't know where the problem is, I'll try it with force-interview, but after first few point's it's in deep sleep again for now. :roll: But I had the same issue with a internal rc version. Back at rc2 everything was fine again.

But: the reworked UI elements have a nice design. :)

EDIT: Forcing interview multiple times, reincluding and even complete ex- and new include don't worked for me. Switched back to rc2 - smoke sensor is recognized again and everything is fine. Would be nice to see a fix for that.
Last edited by AlphaX2 on 23 Nov 2015 00:19, edited 1 time in total.
Plainsane

Post by Plainsane »

I have another post on this version, so I'll add to here, the iOS app crashes with this version.

I'm now seeing this event in the log "Cannot create vDev based on: 21-0-49: Error: Invlid type UUI".

Also, is there any plan in the future to expose the rest of the thermostat features that exist in the expert ui to the smart home interface?

Edit: I would like to add that the state of a binary switch is not properly represented on the gui. Mine shows lots of switches on, hours after they were powered off by a schedule
Last edited by Plainsane on 23 Nov 2015 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
Emilp

Post by Emilp »

I agree with Plainsane the iOS Home Control app crashes on launch and is unusable.
HomeKit does not start at all. It gives me the following error message.

Code: Select all

Notification: error (core): Cannot instantiate module: HomeKitGate: Error: Invlid type UUID
[2015-11-19 20:04:07.603] [I] [core] Error: Invlid type UUID
    at new HKCharacteristic (zway/homekit:453:15)
    at HKService.addCharacteristic (zway/homekit:426:26)
    at onDeviceAddedCore (automation/modules/HomeKitGate/index.js:246:26)
    at Function._.each._.forEach (automation/lib/underscore.js:146:17)
    at _.extend.each (automation/classes/DevicesCollection.js:181:18)
    at HomeKitGate.init (automation/modules/HomeKitGate/index.js:502:26)
    at AutomationController.instantiateModule (automation/classes/AutomationController.js:313:22)
    at AutomationController.reconfigureInstance (automation/classes/AutomationController.js:686:22)
    at ZAutomationAPIWebRequest._.extend.reconfigureInstanceFunc (automation/ZAutomationAPIProvider.js:1097:40)
    at ZAutomationAPIWebRequest.handlerFunc (automation/ZAutomationAPIProvider.js:1777:52)
Plainsane

Post by Plainsane »

The authentication via web page issue is annoying. It only happens to me on mobile devices.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

I have updated my rc-17 issues list in the first post
holgi:cgn

Post by holgi:cgn »

Same problem (bug?) here...

I'm using RaZberry (Version 2.1.2-rc17) as secondary controller (primary controller is a vera lite).
I've included all devices (varius Merten/Connect roller shutter / fibaro wall plugs and dimmers / motion sensor) via learn mode from the primary controller. Some interviews are not completed, but the controllers work...
my problem:
After installing the Homekit Gateway App i get the following error in the log file (and no Homekit Pin):

Code: Select all

[2015-12-01 19:05:22.269] [I] [core] Instantiating module 10 from class HomeKitGate
    [2015-12-01 19:05:22.282] [I] [core] --- Starting module Apple HomeKit Gate
    [2015-12-01 19:05:22.350] [I] [core] Notification: error (core): Cannot instantiate module: HomeKitGate: Error: Invlid type UUID
    [2015-12-01 19:05:22.361] [I] [core] Error: Invlid type UUID
        at new HKCharacteristic (zway/homekit:453:15)
        at HKService.addCharacteristic (zway/homekit:426:26)
        at onDeviceAddedCore (automation/modules/HomeKitGate/index.js:260:24)
        at Function._.each._.forEach (automation/lib/underscore.js:146:17)
        at _.extend.each (automation/classes/DevicesCollection.js:181:18)
        at HomeKitGate.init (automation/modules/HomeKitGate/index.js:502:26)
        at AutomationController.instantiateModule (automation/classes/AutomationController.js:313:22)
        at AutomationController.reconfigureInstance (automation/classes/AutomationController.js:686:22)
        at ZAutomationAPIWebRequest._.extend.reconfigureInstanceFunc (automation/ZAutomationAPIProvider.js:1097:40)
        at ZAutomationAPIWebRequest.handlerFunc (automation/ZAutomationAPIProvider.js:1777:52)
So I can't use Homekit :roll:
Any ideas whats wrong? Or is it a bug?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

This thread only collects issues with devices. Please Use the Search function to find the threads that discuss Homekit. There are a few about it
marco

Post by marco »

Hi All,
2.1.2-rc17 seems to have different issues on my Raspberry 2. I'm using chrome. On the log in page appear a wide black bar on the top. Once logged in, it seems to work fine and it look pretty good. No problem with the main command tabs near the clock (dashboard, elements, rooms and events). On the config button, relevant menu appear regularly but:

on apps submenu no local apps are present
on devices sub menu no one of the 3 option can be reached: always appear "404 Not Found. Requested data not exist"

Since I can not reinstall my last stable release (v2.0.2-rc10) because is not available anymore, I tryed to install several of them all day long. As a result I can not manage with my controller like I have always done till yesterday.

May anybody suggest something to me?

Thanks in any case
Marco
pz1

Post by pz1 »

I have locked this topic since it is not intended as help/support thread. In the future I will add devices to the list if I notice in discussions that certain types are consistently problematic, or designated as flawed by the Z-Wave.me officials. Send me a PM if you think I missed a discussion.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum