bilakos

Re: Firmware upgrade fails

Post by bilakos »

Hmm... :shock:

Hope there will be a Solution soon....
nochkin

Post by nochkin »

Plainsane wrote:they either don't care or don't know....not sure which one now at this point.
I got some semi-official info that they simply can't handle it at all. So not sure if we should hold our breath for it.
Plainsane wrote:Openhab2 is shaping up and I'm moving in that direction.
OpenHAB seems kinda heavy. Should be just implement our own? "Just the way we like it".
Plainsane

Post by Plainsane »

nochkin wrote:I got some semi-official info that they simply can't handle it at all. So not sure if we should hold our breath for it
What does this mean? Other ppl have updated their firmware. Do you mean I will not be able to? I can't even use the expert interface to attempt the same work around that other ppl have used. The behavior of this product is becoming more and more transient by the release.

Let's post the firmware on the net and allow me to write down the serial interface myself. Unless your are telling me they are bricking cards with this firmware?
nochkin

Post by nochkin »

Plainsane wrote:What does this mean? Other ppl have updated their firmware. Do you mean I will not be able to?
Not until it will be fixed on their side.
Plainsane wrote:I can't even use the expert interface to attempt the same work around that other ppl have used. The behavior of this product is becoming more and more transient by the release.
That's unrelated to the issue we are discussing. If you do backup and clean re-install with restore, you should be able to bring everything back to normal.
I did not do backup/restore, but clean re-install worked fine. I even updated the Z-Way software with no problems.
Plainsane wrote:Let's post the firmware on the net and allow me to write down the serial interface myself. Unless your are telling me they are bricking cards with this firmware?
I did not say that. I'm sure there are many ways to brick the controller if you do manual upgrade, that's why they don't provide it for manual use.
Plainsane

Post by Plainsane »

I have zero faith in backup restore. I have a lot of outlets hangin off this device, if that fails I will be days getting the devices readded.

I'm trying to,hold out for an official fix, I'm also hoping the firmware solves commands being dropped from my queue
nochkin

Post by nochkin »

I don't think that will get you anywhere. But if you are fine by waiting, that's your choice.
herbert-f

Post by herbert-f »

PoltoS wrote:Thanks, we are aware of the issue, will fix it soon
Hi , 12 days later - have you new information about your fix?

bye
herbert
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Fixed
nochkin

Post by nochkin »

PoltoS wrote:Fixed
Thank you.
However, some bin files are good, while some others are not. For example, these still return 404 (UZB stick related):
http://www.zwave.eu/api/expertui/uzb/fi ... _05_03.bin
http://www.zwave.eu/api/expertui/uzb/fi ... _05_04.bin

If you need any help on the server side, I can give you a hand. Let me know.
herbert-f

Post by herbert-f »

PoltoS wrote:Fixed
Hi Polto,

at my new Razberry:

1. 2015-11-12 5.0 Update bootloader for 01.00 to 538d
It works: [2016-03-27 14:45:51.989] [zway] Job 0xf4 (Start reflashing bootloader of Z-Wave.Me firmware for 5th generation Z-Wave chip): Succes
2. 2015-11-07 5.0 Update firmware from 01.00 (EU/US/ANZ/RU/IL/MY/IN) to 05.04 (EU/US/ANZ/RU/IL/MY/IN)
It's doesn't work. [2016-03-27 14:47:15.178] [core] Failed to download firmware: Not Found

Bye
herbertf