Interview Issues

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
nickb512

Interview Issues

Post by nickb512 »

Hi

I am seeing some strange behaviour on a new install of Z Way with a Razberry GPIO Board. This installation is running v2.2.

I have setup 6 nodes on the network and they all work fine - control is working well and they are reporting their status back etc. 2 of the nodes are in an area where signal is a bit ropey so sometimes it takes 2 or 3 retries for the packets to get there but they generally do and at this time the installation seems quite stable...

However almost every day when I login to the expert GUI several devices are reporting their interview failed (they all were included and interviewed fine initially). When I click on Interview Results there will be several areas showing as completed and several showing as not - all different ones each time, and each day it is different devices. This morning when I logged in it was every device!

Most of the time just clicking down the list of Force Interview buttons results in them being completed and all ok however today there are now a couple of devices that will not complete the interview. The four classes that will not complete are AssociationGroupInformation, ZWavePlusInfo, Association and Version.

When I click on Force Interview for these and monitor the job queue every command sent gets a delivered response and all looks good - no errors at all - but the class still shows as Force Interview, even after a refresh and a log out/in again.

Like I say all seems to be working fine operationally, but not sure why the controller is doing this. Any ideas?

Nick
orlando

Re: Interview Issues

Post by orlando »

nickb512 wrote:Hi

I am seeing some strange behaviour on a new install of Z Way with a Razberry GPIO Board. This installation is running v2.2.

I have setup 6 nodes on the network and they all work fine - control is working well and they are reporting their status back etc. 2 of the nodes are in an area where signal is a bit ropey so sometimes it takes 2 or 3 retries for the packets to get there but they generally do and at this time the installation seems quite stable...

However almost every day when I login to the expert GUI several devices are reporting their interview failed (they all were included and interviewed fine initially). When I click on Interview Results there will be several areas showing as completed and several showing as not - all different ones each time, and each day it is different devices. This morning when I logged in it was every device!

Most of the time just clicking down the list of Force Interview buttons results in them being completed and all ok however today there are now a couple of devices that will not complete the interview. The four classes that will not complete are AssociationGroupInformation, ZWavePlusInfo, Association and Version.

When I click on Force Interview for these and monitor the job queue every command sent gets a delivered response and all looks good - no errors at all - but the class still shows as Force Interview, even after a refresh and a log out/in again.

Like I say all seems to be working fine operationally, but not sure why the controller is doing this. Any ideas?

Nick
Same problem here. Check the 2.2.2 is out thread...