Not possible to login

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
eusrfel

Not possible to login

Post by eusrfel »

Hello!

I have now been struggling with my Razberry for 10 hours. I cannot get it to work and I have tried all sorts of things.
So now I have replace the HW and still have the same problems. So I planned to take it step by step.
First I have severe problems getting into the :8084 page. After creation of a "timeout" file I get in. I set "allow remote access". I change the password and save.
I now reboot.
I follow the attached instructions and go to the find.z-wave.me page. I after a couple of tries I figure what I should use to login. I get new problems with the next page failing to load. I read somewhere that I should use FF instead of Raspbian browser. I download and use FF. Now I get to a login page on port :8083. It says "Welcome to Your Smart Home 88595". It asks for a "Login" and "Password". I try everything I got. Nothing works. What should I to login?

// Robert

PS. I am using the latest version of Raspbian and 2.2.1 of Razberry.
eusrfel

Re: Not possible to login

Post by eusrfel »

Hello again!

Looks like I miss one step that I read about in another thread. It seems that we I click the link to my IP on the find.z-wave.me page I never get to a page that asks me to create an admin password. This should apparently happen.
Really strange. I have started from scratch five times with two different Razberries and two different PI's (2 & 3). Same result every time; I do not get the chance to create a admin password.
Any ideas?

// Robert
eusrfel

Post by eusrfel »

Hi,

I started all over again:
- Loaded the latest version of Raspbian.
- Checked for latest updates and installed.
- Installed Firefox.
- Shutdown the PI.
- Installed Razbian HW.
- Started the PI and installed the Razberry SW (wget -q -O ......).
- Opened Firefox and went to localhost:8083. I did not get a question about changing the admin password. All logins failed. I final found information about a "local" user and was able to login. Now I set Name and change the password for this local user. I have no idea where I change the data for the admin user.
- The webpage now looks like attached, saying that there are no devices installed. Now I want to install them.

How do I install devices? All menus are empty.

// Robert
Attachments
desktop
desktop
DSC_0070.JPG (76.87 KiB) Viewed 13784 times
eusrfel

Post by eusrfel »

Hello!

In the user documentation a list of user interfaces are mentioned and listed in a picture (see attached). I have never seen this page. How do I get to it? Not by using localhost:8083, Not in my case any way.

// Robert
Attachments
UI in documentation
UI in documentation
UIdoc.JPG (24.95 KiB) Viewed 13783 times
eusrfel

Post by eusrfel »

Hello!

My start page when typing localhost:8083 looks like attached. Obviously not correct?
And, I can only login using user "local". With admin I get "User not found"
Any ideas on how to get this fixed?

// Robert
Attachments
DSC_0071.JPG
DSC_0071.JPG (92.32 KiB) Viewed 13783 times
eusrfel

Post by eusrfel »

Hello again!

Now I tried the Razberry image referred to on the Razberry home page as a last resort:
http://razberry.z-wave.me/z-way-server/razberry.img.zip.

Running the installation in my PI 3 ends up in just a colorful screen with nothing else than a square with different colors. Took the SD card at fired up my PI 2. Here I can see how it start up and I can see the booting log. So the image does not work on PI 3? Strange.
Anyway, on my Pi 2, the installation stops with a prompt.... I reboot and I end up with a prompt again. According to the instructions on the razberry web page I should after the installation open a web browser. I assume this is not from the prompt, or?
How do I get into the GUI?
I tried to change via raspi-config and I was told to install lightdm. I did and I got a GUI. But I could not login... Tried with pi/raspberry and it looks like the credentials are correct, but the GUI comes back and asks for user/password over and over again.

I cannot understand how you get your stuff working. For me it is completely impossible. Do you have some trick I have missed?

// Robert
JWW

Post by JWW »

Hello Robert,

Unfortunately, I am a newbie too so my suggestions might not get you very far. I didn't have much luck with the image file either. What I used and got working on a raz 3 was the install with a working OS. If you can get back to that login page you have in your screen shot, I would try admin and click on forgot password at the bottom. I'm guessing you might have created an admin password and that's why it is messing you up. Also, A lot of web sites will lock your account if you have too many failed attempts.

As for logging in and not seeing anything as a user, after I got in (thanks to you!) I created a user login and tried it and it only shows a very limited options. I think once I add devices on the admin side I will see more as a user. I think your almost there. Good luck! And I hope what I wrote here can help you.

Best,
Jim W.
abe79

Post by abe79 »

Hi Robert,

I have the exact same problems as you describe and have no idea why I can´t get it to work. I have been trying first with a Pi 3 and now switched to a Pi 2b with a new image without any change. Today at least I discovered how to get access to the expert UI localhost:8083/expert but there I get Error handling data from server so I´m not sure if I have a connection to the RaZberry.
gazier20

Post by gazier20 »

Hi,

I have the same issue on RPI3. I can't log into it.

Is there a way to find the login on the RPI ? or to reset login and password ?

Thank you
gazier20

Post by gazier20 »

Found the solution :

- go to /opt/z-way-server/automation/storage/configjson-xxxx
- search for the word login
Then I saw my password in uppercase instead of lowercase.

The login is admin