webpage unresponsive

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
timb

webpage unresponsive

Post by timb »

I have been running 2.2.3 since it came out
I fixed the issue with readkey which made the system unresponsive.

However, the system still "locks up" when run from Chrome browser.
It can take minutes for the Logion screen to appear, but will usually appear eventually
Or, I can log in, and then navigate OK for a while, and then the whole thing freezes again.
It does this in the main UI and also in Expert UI.
It seems that sending a request in the browser can take a long time for a response.

At the same time I monitor the processes running on the Pi using htop.
z-way-server is instanced multiple times, but one of these threads goes up to 100% when this unresponsiveness problem arises.
Its like the request has fully taken 100% of the processing power of one of the Pi's 4 cores, and nothing is happening until it finishes. Except it takes a really long time to finish!

I have tried upgrading to 2.2.4rc17 just to see if that helps. Same problem.

I am wondering if I have to completely start again with new install of Raspian, fresh install of z-way...
Problem is I have ~20 devices and many rules/scenes/logic to recreate.... it takes a lot of time...

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks,
timb

Re: webpage unresponsive

Post by timb »

Further to this...
I rolled back to an earlier version (from May 2016 timeframe)
Problem goes away.
So there is something in 2.2.3/2.2.4 that is consistently failing this way.
Thoughts?
ronie

Post by ronie »

Hi,

we've recognized that Chrome seems to run bit slowlier with SH UI since that last Chrome updates ... Interesting for us will be how it behaves in other browsers and if you could give us some more information about the pending requests by using firebug (Firefox) or developer tools (Chrome) to fetch Network traffic.
ronie

Post by ronie »

btw. please check this out:

http://ask.xmodulo.com/view-threads-process-linux.html

This helps to show single threads in htop. Could you please try it again and send us a screen of it?
timb

Post by timb »

Hi
Thanks for the reply.
Please see screen shot below of the z-way processes at a time when the system was very slow.
Attachments
zway htop view
zway htop view
zway htop.JPG (149.17 KiB) Viewed 19499 times
Wikibear

Post by Wikibear »

I can confirm this issue. But after long wait the website will show up. After this, it's working over all pages.
Greatings from the noob
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Can you send us your backup or at least your config. I believe there is some periodical long task that blocks the main engine.
timb

Post by timb »

Hi PoltoS,
Thank you for getting involved.
Sorry for my delay I have been away.
Please find attached configuration.xml, configjson-...json; and a backup.zbk file - hopefully that will give you what you need.
I am not sure if this is v2.2.1 or v2.2.2, I riverted to a copy of the z-way-server directory that was backed up on 01-05-2016.
As you can see from my initial posting, I thought this reverted version did not have the problem. I was wrong, it does.

So the symptoms are that from time to time one of the zway/core threads goes to 100% for a long time. When this happens the whole zway system becomes unresponsive. By that I mean that if you navigate to another page in the browser - it doesn't respond for ages; but also the z-way network also seems to be unresponsive.

I have quite of lot of apps: scenes, rules, sensor polling, delayed scenes, ... and at these low points the rules don't appear to work (i.e. a light sensor detects movement, but the rule that triggers the light switch doesn't work).

I really hope you can find out what is happening. If you need more info please explain what you need.
I was reaching the point where I thought that my network was "too big" for the Pi and perhaps I need to go to another platform. I really hope not as I have come a long way with the z-way solution.

Thanks
Tim
timb

Post by timb »

Sorry I am having trouble sending attachments.
I am not sure I am doing it right. I have written the post, edited it, selected Add attachment, but it wouldn't let me add .json or .zbk files. I also tried a zip file.
I can't see on the posting if it has worked. I assume not?
Please advise.
Thanks
Tim
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please send by mail