Razberry vs Razberry2 questions - Worth upgrade?

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
anom3

Razberry vs Razberry2 questions - Worth upgrade?

Post by anom3 »

Heya.

Noticed razberry2 is now out. With what looks like a much better antenna.

Am considering making the move from my razberry(1).

Is it a good upgrade? Would love the better antenna as am having some tiny issues which would probably be solved with a better antenna, although I have been able to pretty much fully mitigate them (my use case is kind of unique, z-uno boards, so I have quite a bit of flex as far as the firmware goes).

Also, is the upgrade plug + play? Will a simple backup + restore of the config (via expert) do the trick?

Thanks!
pz1

Re: Razberry vs Razberry2 questions - Worth upgrade?

Post by pz1 »

anom3 wrote:Will a simple backup + restore of the config (via expert) do the trick?
In the past I have successfuly done a backup+restore of first generation RaZberry to UZB1 via ExpertUI. So I guess it will work with this one as well.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
alphons

Post by alphons »

I have ordered one. Will probably do the migration the next weekend.
Will give you some feedback then. I see that the new card do give options for external antenna as well.
alphons

Post by alphons »

Hello again guys

I have now exchanged the Razberry 1 with a Razberry 2 this evening.
V2 has definitely a longer ranger than v1, but how much I haven`t tested yet.

The reason I ordered it was because I had a switch outside that I couldn`t reach with v1. In the position where the switch is placed I could get contact with it sometimes but couldn`t make a complete configruation, and could not turn it on/off. With V2 it was no problem configuring it and turning on/off is very responsive for that switch now.

My feeling with the response of some of the other switches that are placed in the periphery make me feel that the increase in signal strenght maybe isn`t extremly much better, but it obviously solved the problem that I bought it for.
anom3

Post by anom3 »

My Razberry v2 arrives in 1-2 hours. Courier on his way.

Will post my findings regarding range as well as how the upgrade process goes.
anom3

Post by anom3 »

I can confirm the upgrade process was straight forward:

Backup config.

Plug in Raz2

Restore config.

For some reason I had to do the restore twice before it all showed up, but after that it worked 100%.

Range is better.
klaasjoerg

Post by klaasjoerg »

Hi, so is there no special data saved on the firmware-razberry hookup-board and I could simply replace it without having to manuall re-"include" all devices again?
I thought I read somehwere that the two backup-files of ExpertUI and smarthome are not enough.

So did I understand it correctly that you simply backuped/restored within smarthome or expert UI and that's it?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

klaasjoerg wrote:So did I understand it correctly that you simply backuped/restored within smarthome or expert UI and that's it?
No, the backups are not the same. Expert UI backup is needed to restore the complete system; i.e. can also restore the included devices to the new RaZberry. I do make both backups regularly however.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum