Z-Wave Devices Without Z-Way Device Decriptions

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
phzi

Z-Wave Devices Without Z-Way Device Decriptions

Post by phzi »

So it looks like I have 4 devices that don't have device descriptions available in Z-way.

How can I help get these added?

- Logitech Harmony Hub Extender
- Ecolink PIR Motion Detector
- Kwikset 910 Professional Series (W/O keypad)
- Fortrezz MIMOLite
Provo

Re: Z-Wave Devices Without Z-Way Device Decriptions

Post by Provo »

You shouldn't need a device description in order to get it working, apparently. And some of these devices are there, only sorted a bit strangely:

Logitech:
Harmony Harmony Home Hub Extender

Ecolink:
Ingersoll Rand Z-Wave PIR Motion Sensor Ecolink Z-Wave PIR Motion Sensor

Kwikset 910 w/o keypad:
It's probably fine to use one of the other Kwikset descriptors, as they're all 910, but I guess you could copy one of the descriptors and remove all the code owner config param as they hardly make sense without a keypad.

For the Fortrezz MIMOLite, you should be able to translate this to the right format (unless Z-Way understands the open z-wave format, I'm not sure): https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave ... molite.xml
phzi

Post by phzi »

Thanks, Provo. Found the Harmony and Ecolink descriptors and found a better way to search thru the existing device descriptions. Adding a new description for the MIMOLite seems far less straight forward, however. Looks like z-way is using the old pepper1 database, or is that just for pictures?
Provo

Post by Provo »

They're using pepper1, yes, but that will need to change as pepper1 is closing down their database.

You could ask the Z-Way people to create and add a device descriptor for the MIMOLite. The Z-Wave manual/description can be found here: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... MO2%2B.pdf

(Creating it yourself is not an impossible task, by the way. Use the open-zwave one as a starting point and compare to a few pepper1 XMLs to see the structural difference. The information you need to fill in should all be in the linked pdf.)