Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
brusan

Re: Server halts and log is filled with "[E] [zway] SaveData

Post by brusan »

Sorry, but upgrading to v2.3.1 did not help :(
brusan

Re: Server halts and log is filled with "[E] [zway] SaveData.."

Post by brusan »

Just some feedback regarding the server halting issue (if anybody at Z-wave.me happens to care):

After upgrading to latest firmware version (v2.3.6) the consumption of swap space seemed to settle down for a few days, but now it is on the rise again:
swap.PNG
swap.PNG (35.49 KiB) Viewed 4482 times
The server process also seems to run a little better but it still has to be restarted several times a day (see the Monit log below):
monit_process_restarts.PNG
monit_process_restarts.PNG (138.51 KiB) Viewed 4482 times
As you can see, the service/server halts and is restarted several times a day. This issue has been reported by me and several others since FEBRUARY 2017 and still no solution in spite of several of us submitting all logs et.c you have been asking for. You have been promising us new releases "next week" over and over again to no avail.

Honestly: tell us if you are not capable of solving the problem so we can switch to another supplier!
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We don't see this behaviour with other customers. Please show us your home automation configuration and may be provide access, so we can have a look in what is causing the crash.

Swap usage up to 100 Mb is not a problem itself. You need to look in the Vss size of the process
brusan

Post by brusan »

But surely, you must be aware of the thread "ZWay crashing daily" where there currently are 44 posts? I included the graph of the swap usage to illustrate that something had changed in a positive direction as there at least previously have been a correlation between excessive swap usage and server crashes. The "monit_process_restarts.PNG" is an illustration of the number of times per day the monitor process discover that the z-way-server process is not running and restarts the server.

What can I do to provide you with more info? I have already sent lots of logs and other info you requested in February (!) issue number 1391 ("Ihre Anfrage (1391) wurde aktualisiert") but I'll be happy to send more, just let me know what you need.