Need safe installation on existing Raspberry

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
x.para

Need safe installation on existing Raspberry

Post by x.para »

Hi,

can you please advise if there are any risks to install z-wave me on existing RPI installation? I'd like to use this official method https://z-wave.me/z-way/download-z-way/ but my RPI is extremely customised and I cannot afford any broken services. Existing web services with Apache must not be touched as well as HTTPS certificates etc.

Any advises for super safe installation that will not break any existing ones? If there are risks, is there some how-to to make safe manual install?

thanks
Spirit78

Re: Need safe installation on existing Raspberry

Post by Spirit78 »

Why not do an .img backup and just try it? Or just buy another pi to run just z-way on? Thats what I do. Never running several critical services on just one pi would be a good start
Confuzer

Post by Confuzer »

What spirit says. I have the same, so many tweaks and it's still Jessie. So I am going to buy a new raspberry, download some nice buster image and hope I can transfer the z-way printplate. They are compatible yes? :P

Do wonder if you also download all the app settings too, because I have a lot of Sensor Values Logging settings.

(btw, I tried updating from Jessie, it failed and I had to rewrite everything back from a backup. Don't do that if you have tweaks).
x.para

Post by x.para »

What i dont like, that z-wave me breaks apache, so you need special Rpi for home automation. Virtual environment that works autonomously would fit better my requirements.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

x.para wrote:
15 Oct 2019 10:03
What i dont like, that z-wave me breaks apache, so you need special Rpi for home automation. Virtual environment that works autonomously would fit better my requirements.
We do not break Apache. We uses other ports and other services. Ours are on 8083 and 8084. You can still use Apache and ports 80/443 for your purpose.