Can't Remove Failed Node

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
ml_zway

Can't Remove Failed Node

Post by ml_zway »

Hi,

I have a broken Fibaro double switch (among other devices) that I want to remove.

In [ Expert UI / Network Control / Network Maintenance ] no devices are listed next to "Remove Failed Node"

As suggested here, I've gone into [ Configuration / Device / Interview ] and clicked "Call for NIF" which completed after 4 x "No Response..."

Then I clicked "Force Interview". I can see in the jobs page this is in a seemingly never ending cycle of:

Nonce Get : No RESPONSE received before timeout x4
and then it starts another
Nonce Get : No RESPONSE received before timeout x4
It's gone through at least 20 of these cycles so far.

So it never appears removable and I am never able to remove the device ? Any suggestions ?

Regards,
Mark

I'm not sure how to discover which version of z-way server I am on. I tried an apt-get update / upgrade which seemed to overwrite my main.js at least, so I'm assuming I'm on a recent one. I use a razberry hat on a Raspberry pi 3.
ml_zway

Re: Can't Remove Failed Node

Post by ml_zway »

I can still see it trying hours later - shouldn't there be a limit to the loop ?
seattleneil

Post by seattleneil »

You wrote:
I have a broken Fibaro double switch (among other devices) that I want to remove.
It looks like your Fibaro switch is partially working in that it appears to respond to NIF requests. Disconnect the Fibaro switch from mains power and repeat the "Call for NIF" procedure. As you noted, Z-Way will send the NIF request multiple times and then Z-Way will declare the node failed.

Since Z-Way seems to be in a loop, I suggest you restart Z-Way (run: sudo systemctl restart z-way-server), wait 2 minutes to give Z-Way time to perform its start-up processing and then repeat the "Call for NIF" procedure. By monitoring the Jobs, you should see the NIFs being sent by Z-Way and then Z-Way declaring the node failed. You may need to refresh the expert UI web page for the Fibaro switch to appear under the "Remove Failed Node" menu.
ml_zway

Post by ml_zway »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The switch is not plugged in at all so not sure how it can respond to anything.

I restarted Z-Way and did the Call for NIF, which gets repeated:

Request NIF from a node - No RESPONSE received before timeout

And then stops. But on the Network Control page there's no droplist next to ""Remove Failed Node" to choose the ID ?

In [ Device | Status ] it shows "Device Interview not Complete"
In [ Control | Switch ] it is not listed
seattleneil

Post by seattleneil »

I'm surprised Z-Way did not declare the node as failed when the node failed to respond to the NIF request message. This could be a bug in the Z-Way software. Please consider uploading the file /var/log/z-way-server.log so the developers can see the NIF processing.

As a workaround, you can manually set the node as failed using this command:

Code: Select all

curl -u admin:PASSWORD --globoff 'http://127.0.0.1:8083/ZWave.zway/Run/devices[DEVICE_ID].data.isFailed.value=true'
Replace PASSWORD and DEVICE_ID.

You can see the Z-Way version at this URL:

Code: Select all

http://IP_ADDRESS:8083/smarthome/#/admin
Replace IP_ADDRESS and scroll down - the version info is near the bottom of the web page.