Qees ring and Association Command Configuration

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
PoltoS

Qees ring and Association Command Configuration

Post by PoltoS »

The broken Qees Ring device has no Scene Controller Conf CC, so it is impossible to use scenes to understand which button is pressed, but some Qees Rings supports Association Command Configuration CC and hence can be configured to send Scene Activation Set command. To configure it, execute in the JS console (XX is the nodeId of the Qees Ring):

qeesId = XX;
runCmd('devices[qeesId].instances[0].commandClasses[0x9b].Set(1, self.M.ZWaveAPI.controller.data.nodeId.value,[0x2b,0x01,0x01, 0x00])');
runCmd('devices[qeesId].instances[0].commandClasses[0x9b].Set(2, self.M.ZWaveAPI.controller.data.nodeId.value,[0x2b,0x01,0x02, 0x00])');
runCmd('devices[qeesId].instances[0].commandClasses[0x9b].Set(3, self.M.ZWaveAPI.controller.data.nodeId.value,[0x2b,0x01,0x03, 0x00])');
runCmd('devices[qeesId].instances[0].commandClasses[0x9b].Set(4, self.M.ZWaveAPI.controller.data.nodeId.value,[0x2b,0x01,0x04, 0x00])');

We will transfer it to a simple XML soon, so you would just choose a file and get the device configured.

This broken device also has 68 association groups. To fix this bug you can apply another command. This will also be in the XML we will provide soon. We will prepare such an XML upon the first request from users. Contact us if you have Qees Ring with broken firmware and would like to configure it using Z-Way/Z-Cloud software.
christiand

Qees ring with broken irmware

Post by christiand »

I would like to use the qees ring to turn on/off devices. Any help would be appreciated
PoltoS

To turn devices on/off just use Associations.

Post by PoltoS »

Include the device and go to Device Configuration tab to configure it. Use drag&drop to put devices in Association groups
sbi

Re: Qees ring and Association Command Configuration

Post by sbi »

I just purchased a Qees ring and it is detected as one with the "broken firmware" (including the 68 association groups). Is there anything I can do with z-way v2.2.2 to configure it properly?
PoltoS

Re: Qees ring and Association Command Configuration

Post by PoltoS »

How have you managed to buy it if the company vanished 4 years ago? This post is 5 years old!

Honestly it was too long time ago for me to remember how to heal it