Fritz!box

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
yannick

Fritz!box

Post by yannick »

Where can I find instructions on how to activate the z-wave.me USB stick on a fritz!box 7170?
yannick

hmm

Post by yannick »

hmm, this z-wave.me usb stick has been sitting here on my desk for 3 days now and I have no clue how to install it on my fritzbox even though I learned from this forum that it is possible. Could someone please tell me how to proceed?
yannick

ok I plugged in the device in

Post by yannick »

ok I plugged in the device in the fritzbox (which has the latest software update) but I get the message:
30.10.11 13:57:58 An unsupported USB device has been connected.
30.10.11 13:57:59 USB device 002, class .USB 1.1 (full-speed) bulk., plugged in

Does this mean I have to install the device drivers first using telnet or is installing the z-connector software enough to support the device?
PoltoS

You need both a driver and Z-Connector

Post by PoltoS »

FritzBox have a very limited space available for third party applications, so in our current solution the Z-Connector is downloaded into RAM disk each time during boot time. This is not good of course, but we have not better solutions for now.In brief you need something like this (content of file zstart.sh):DEVICE="/var/ttyUSB0"
ARCH="mipsel"
ZDIR="/var/flash

cd ${ZDIR}/zwave

echo 'Install Device Drivers ...'

if [ -c "$DEVICE" ]
then
echo $DEVICE already exists!
else
insmod $ZROOT/$ARCH/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/usbserial.ko
insmod $ZROOT/$ARCH/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/pl2303.ko
mknod $DEVICE c 188 0
echo $DEVICE created!
fi

echo 'Start Server ...'

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:${ZDIR}/zwave/$ARCH/lib
cd $ARCH

if [ "$1" = "go" ]
then
nohup ./z-agent -d $DEVICE -s z-cloud.z-wave.me --cacert ../cacert.pem --cert ../cert.pem --key ../cert.key >> /var/tmp/zlog &

else
./z-agent -d $DEVICE -s z-cloud.z-wave.me --cacert ../cacert.pem --cert ../cert.pem --key ../cert.key
fi
But in our test case it we had zinstall.sh file installed permanently in Fritz!Box with certificated for Z-Connector included inside. This file runs a download of pre-compiled Z-Connector and zstart.sh each boot and runs zstart.sh.Unfortunately we have no resources to dig more on Fritz!Box right now, so if you will sucessfully run Z-Connector on your box, we encourage you to write a post with your sucess story.Hope this will help
yannick

in long

Post by yannick »

thanks for the brief explanation. Unfortunately i'm new to unix stuff so the "in brief" is not quite enough for me. Looking forward to the "in long" explanation.